closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Coffee lovers - help me choose a machine!

Threaded View

Coffee lovers - help me choose a machine!

Lots of great advice here. The key question is do you want an espresso or just a good decent mug of coffee

A pod based machine will never be beaten for convenience but the pay off is in lower quality and flavour compared to a bead to cup or Drip filter such as a V60 set. In my experience, I would say the Nespresso is most likely the best of the bunch of pod machines and stick with the original rather than the Vertuo which seems to foam up your coffee rather than develop a crema.

However, if you want quality and are willing to put some time (plan around 5-7mins) into your morning cuppa then a Drip filter like the V60, Chemex, an aeropress or even a good French press will give you a better cup of coffee. The key here is freshly ground beans are the best and so a decent grinder is essential to get the best of the best. Of course, none of these will give you an espresso.

Coffee is a massive rabbit hole and I would recommend watching James Hoffmann on YouTube as he explains the different methods of coffeee brewing including Nespresso and reviews many pieces of equipment. He is a great starting place.

Below is an example of a quick and dirty cup
    coffee with my V60 set up

More usually brewed into a server with a ratio of 15:1 water to beans.
    Last edited by paw3001; 24th January 2022 at 23:01.