closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Any idea what make this WW2 Watch is?

Master

Any idea what make this WW2 Watch is?

I don't think the text on the dial is legible but I was wondering if anyone might know what this watch could be?

Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post

I don't think the text on the dial is legible but I was wondering if anyone might know what this watch could be?
    No idea,sorry, but is there a story behind the photo? I'm imagining a relative counting down to blowing up an enemy arms dump!

There are similarities with it and my Omega wristwatch that the consensus has as having been recased in the early 1900s with a pocket watch movement that dates to 1907 or thereabouts.

It's not a JW Benson, is it?
    ______

​Jim.

Exactly the same cursive script for the numbers on this Eterna https://images.app.goo.gl/aNzBkPnTXhxmrAw3A which is allegedly from 1941.
    Woukdnt surprise me if it was also sold under different 'manufacture' names.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Breguet hands, Breguet numerals. I'd search under those and look for a dial with that short word followed by long word configuration.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rsykes2000 View Post
    Exactly the same cursive script for the numbers on this Eterna https://images.app.goo.gl/aNzBkPnTXhxmrAw3A which is allegedly from 1941.
    Woukdnt surprise me if it was also sold under different 'manufacture' names.
    Yes that looks the same, quite obvious from the 7 so looks like it's a rebadged Eterna.
    No direct link to me, it's just from some YouTube video of 2nd world war Latvians and Estonians in action.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    Yes that looks the same, quite obvious from the 7 so looks like it's a rebadged Eterna.
    No direct link to me, it's just from some YouTube video of 2nd world war Latvians and Estonians in action.
    The script is called 'Breguet numerals' as it's a font developed by Breguet and used with minor variations by literally everyone.

Like so:

https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/l...#post-45266577