closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 20 of 44 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 951 to 1,000 of 2157

Thread: Premier League 2021-22

Well done Newcastle and I'd love them to stay up but was it just me or was the atmosphere really flat at St James' last night? I was watching it on BT Sport so could be that the sound wasn't picked up well but the fans are usually a 12th man for Newcastle and that place can rock when the team are on form.

What a waste of space Man Utd are. Shootout for 4th between Spurs and Arsenal and Spurs in the driving seat with an in form Kane

Equally shameful were the West Ham fans calling the Sports Bar last night saying "three points was more important" and "it's not a football issue" and sections of the crowd singing "he's Kurt Zouma, he kicks what he wants".

What the hell is all that about?

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Ashamed that West Ham played that vile Zouma.

He's been a great player for us but what signal does that send out?

Encouraged to hear the boos every time he touched the ball from both sets of fans.

BTW Watford look energised and a different side under Woy.

Master
    Ashamed that West Ham played that vile Zouma.

He's been a great player for us but what signal does that send out?

Encouraged to hear the boos every time he touched the ball from both sets of fans.

BTW Watford look energised and a different side under Woy.
    It was only Watford fans booing.
    West Ham were clapping every time he had the ball. No boo's around us.
    The atmosphere was s little flat.

RSPCA have seized the cats.

Must have been the BT sound Ryan as the noise was relentless and the singing went on throughout. Great atmosphere. Absolutely spine-tingling. Trippier said it was incredible. Actually he said he'd never seen or heard anything like it at any other stadium but that's one for the fans. When you go to Arsenal or Tottenham (picked at random and no offense intended) it's just nothing like our stadium. The place is a cauldron of noise.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Well done Newcastle and I'd love them to stay up but was it just me or was the atmosphere really flat at St James' last night? I was watching it on BT Sport so could be that the sound wasn't picked up well but the fans are usually a 12th man for Newcastle and that place can rock when the team are on form.

What a waste of space Man Utd are. Shootout for 4th between Spurs and Arsenal and Spurs in the driving seat with an in form Kane
    Last edited by TaketheCannoli; 9th February 2022 at 16:13.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Equally shameful were the West Ham fans calling the Sports Bar last night saying "three points was more important" and "it's not a football issue" and sections of the crowd singing "he's Kurt Zouma, he kicks what he wants".

Football is massively tribal - fans will invariably back the player regardless of what they have done when they are wearing the shirt the whole seize mentality piece I suppose and it will wind the opposing fans up is probably the reason behind it

Im not saying its right or its something I get involved in its just the way it is......

Happens all the time a few I can think up off the top of my head:

Suarez at Liverpool over the biting incident or the Evra incident was massively backed

Giggs - he shags who he wants as an example was sung for long periods after the sister in law incident

Id also add sports bar go out of there way to put controversial callers on air that provoke a reaction and unfortunately lots of football fans arent the brightest
    Last edited by R0bertb00th; 9th February 2022 at 16:13.

Most people, if they kick a cat, won't be suspended from work. Why should footballers be different? Let the police deal with it.

No doubt people will claim they're role models - well most of the aren't and we should forget about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Most people, if they kick a cat, won't be suspended from work. Why should footballers be different? Let the police deal with it.

No doubt people will claim they're role models - well most of the aren't and we should forget about that.
    Any parent that promotes a footballer ( or indeed any sportsperson) as a role model should have their children removed .
    Unless it’s Sergio Aguero . 😎

Craftsman
    An interesting game for us against Palace last night.
    I think its fair to say it was a point gained over 2 lost. Great goal from Saha who then followed up a wonderful penalty miss 4 minutes later .
    oh how we laughed.

Interesting perhaps more so in how we have gone from being a laughing stock to be pretty solid and hard to beat ( Man City next though )
    At least we are giving a good go.

I enjoyed the Spurs/Southampton match last night :)

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post

Sports bar of course promote people with extreme views. It's idiotic in the extreme.

Of course there are morons that follow every team and I can't abide any form of animal cruelty.

Are Newcastle still called "the horse punchers"?
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Cheers,
    Neil.

Master
    Sports bar of course promote people with extreme views. It's idiotic in the extreme.

Of course there are morons that follow every team and I can't abide any form of animal cruelty.

Are Newcastle still called "the horse punchers"?
    Totally agree - as I alluded too in my comments the SPORTS bar are extreme and seem to find the most bizarre callers you can imagine and have them on to spark debate - I have a mate who doesnt like football but seems to want to get involved and so always repeats views he hears on there and I have to explain to him its not a generic overview and a reflection on the game most of the time its clueless people with clueless views who just want a platform too talk tripe - unfortunateluy he takes it all as gospel

P.S - not heard that one about the geordies Ive only ever known them as the barcodes

Quote Originally Posted by R0bertb00th View Post
    Totally agree - as I alluded too in my comments the SPORTS bar are extreme and seem to find the most bizarre callers you can imagine and have them on to spark debate - I have a mate who doesnt like football but seems to want to get involved and so always repeats views he hears on there and I have to explain to him its not a generic overview and a reflection on the game most of the time its clueless people with clueless views who just want a platform too talk tripe - unfortunateluy he takes it all as gospel

P.S - not heard that one about the geordies Ive only ever known them as the barcodes
    Alluding to a disgusting Newcastle supporter who actually punched a police horse in the head during a disturbance at the match.

He got 12 months for it.

It was all over the papers at the time hence the NUFC soubriquet.

Cheers,
    Neil.

Yes there's always one dickhead who spoils it for everyone.

Hopefully that’s Everton settled down now, Leeds not great but much better prospects for the remainder of the season for Frank.

Great result for Everton although Leeds were poor. Saying that they hit the woodwork twice which would have completely changed things if they had gone in. Gives us a 4 point gap above Newcastle so time to push on.

On a separate note, big congratulations to Chelsea winning the FIFA World Club tournament. Shirt sales will go through the roof when those gold FIFA badges come through, probably in time for their next CL game. I bought my lad the Liverpool shirt with all the CL and World Club badges on it. That was about £90 a few years back, but if you are a fan you have to have one.

Blog Entries
    Your starter

https://www.chelseamegastore.com/en/...eadImageEN-CWC

As a 60+ years fan i will carry on without.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    Your starter

https://www.chelseamegastore.com/en/...eadImageEN-CWC

As a 60+ years fan i will carry on without.
    Christ, someone took a punt that they might just win. People will buy though, most clubs only win that thing once.

I think Liverpool only wore the badge in the CL. I don’t think they did in the PL meaning fans had to buy different shirts, plus the away kit and third kit. Crazy.
    Last edited by Wallasey Runner; 12th February 2022 at 21:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Great result for Everton although Leeds were poor. Saying that they hit the woodwork twice which would have completely changed things if they had gone in. Gives us a 4 point gap above Newcastle so time to push on.

I understand that van de Beek was on form today. I don’t understand how United can’t get the right level of performances from van de Beek and Lingard. Fernandes, Pogba and Rashford have all been indifferent this season.

Hope Leeds stay up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    I understand that van de Beek was on form today. I don’t understand how United can’t get the right level of performances from van de Beek and Lingard. Fernandes, Pogba and Rashford have all been indifferent this season.

Hope Leeds stay up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Van de Beek played really well. Maybe when these players who spend months on end on the bench go to a different club and are shown a bit of love and given a start they flourish. Lingard was superb at West Ham last season and was a fool to go back to United. Pogba is a star for the French team, but as a United player he is ordinary. Fernandes was superb last season, but like others in that team Ronaldo’s return seems to have changed the way the team is set up and play.

I think Leeds will be safe, just struggling with a few players missing. They were superb against Villa.

Well done to Chelsea although they went to extra time in high temperatures against what was basically a Championship level team so they will be knackered and have a busy schedule to come.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Well done to Chelsea although they went to extra time in high temperatures against what was basically a Championship level team so they will be knackered and have a busy schedule to come.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
    Fantastic leadership by Azpilucueta .
    Picked up the ball for the last minute penalty, took a couple of minutes crap talking by the opposition
    players to try and put him off , then simply handed the ball to Havertz to take and convert.

Master
    Blog Entries

On a separate note, big congratulations to Chelsea winning the FIFA World Club tournament. Shirt sales will go through the roof when those gold FIFA badges come through, probably in time for their next CL game. I bought my lad the Liverpool shirt with all the CL and World Club badges on it. That was about £90 a few years back, but if you are a fan you have to have one.
    I thought the player were up for it have not seen that much intensity for the last few years, keep playing like that we will be fine. All I want is Frank to keep us up, then get rid of the back four and then build a team that can compete

Another good result for Newcastle. Now 4 points clear with a game in hand. Looks like Eddie Howe is taking them in the right direction. Based on how things looked a few months back, it’s looking a lot better now.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Well. Moyes looks like the cat that got the cream after that.

Arsenal had an excellent weekend! Spurs probably out of top 4 contention now particularly with a match at the Etihad next and Conte moaning that his team is garbage won't do much for morale. The cat molesters realistically aren't in the mix as they have played so many more games than the other so probably between United and Arsenal now. I'm aware if Arsenal win their 2 games in hand on Chelsea they are only 2 points behind them but it is inconceivable Arsenal would finish above them as Chelsea are a far better team.

Four months ago, winning four games all season was unthinkable. Howe has instilled fitness, energy, organisation, commitment and tactics in a few short weeks. Our shape is really good and players seem to know what he wants from each position meaning they can slot in when needed and do a job. So far, nothing short of remarkable however I'll celebrate when that Sky Sports Yellow Info Bar says "Newcastle United have avoided relegation".

Next three games are Hammers and Brentford away then Brighton at home and I'd take five points from those nine now.

Another good result for Newcastle. Now 4 points clear with a game in hand. Looks like Eddie Howe is taking them in the right direction. Based on how things looked a few months back, it’s looking a lot better now.

City were terrific last night, very clinical, very authoritative. Credit also to the Sporting Lisbon fans for supporting their team at the end but also applauding City. Proper fans.

Arsenal had an excellent weekend! Spurs probably out of top 4 contention now particularly with a match at the Etihad next and Conte moaning that his team is garbage won't do much for morale. The cat molesters realistically aren't in the mix as they have played so many more games than the other so probably between United and Arsenal now. I'm aware if Arsenal win their 2 games in hand on Chelsea they are only 2 points behind them but it is inconceivable Arsenal would finish above them as Chelsea are a far better team.
    4 points behind United and the three rescheduled (dates tbc) games in hand over United are Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs. With our wafer thin squad, random form and referee card generators Top 4 is unrealistic, Europa will depend on us beating those around us in the league when we face them- so another 8th place is still more than achievable...

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Pox View Post
    4 points behind United and the three rescheduled (dates tbc) games in hand over United are Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs. With our wafer thin squad, random form and referee card generators Top 4 is unrealistic, Europa will depend on us beating those around us in the league when we face them- so another 8th place is still more than achievable...
    Guessing you're a Norwich fan then as they are the only team 4 points below Newcastle United, or are you referring to Leeds United maybe?

The lazy generic use of "United" to mean the Mancs by so many, mostly in the media simply boils my piss. Just saying.

Mine too

Quote Originally Posted by skmark View Post
    Guessing you're a Norwich fan then as they are the only team 4 points below Newcastle United, or are you referring to Leeds United maybe?

The lazy generic use of "United" to mean the Mancs by so many, mostly in the media simply boils my piss. Just saying.

Master
    City supporters agree! 😁

Master
    I had to smile at some of the songs being sung last night for Cardiff City vs Coventry City. Suddenly CCFC army and the like has a more generic meaning!

Come on Citeh!

Weird as selective quoting boils mine, given you only quoted my use of United, which was a reply too a statement using it in the context that rises the temperature of your urine. My response quoting Arsenal reference, it was quite clear which United was being referred too plus some might be offended by the use of Manure or Salford scum or other terms used to identify the aforementioned team

Fantastic result today. Unbeaten in 2022 and 12 points from 18. In Eddie we trust

Watching Southampton v Everton, end to end stuff, but not much action in front of goal.

Come on Super Frank, get into them at half time.

That is a long, long journey home for the 3,300 travelling fans after watching Everton not have a single shot on goal in 90 mins. Maybe if Calvert Lewin spent less time doing shaving adverts and perhaps did a little more shooting practice on the training ground it might just help.

Well done Southampton, Everton just never turned up.

What I find annoying Ken is that Lampard got the job because he's Frank Lampard. He's not achieved anything as a coach that warranted him getting a EPL job of the magnitude of Everton. Going for the sexy name might come back to bite arses.

That is a long, long journey home for the 3,300 travelling fans after watching Everton not have a single shot on goal in 90 mins. Maybe if Calvert Lewin spent less time doing shaving adverts and perhaps did a little more shooting practice on the training ground it might just help.

Well done Southampton, Everton just never turned up.

Master
    I wish those footballers would get out of the way at Man City, I'm trying to watch the advertising hoardings.

Quote Originally Posted by nickk View Post
    I wish those footballers would get out of the way at Man City, I'm trying to watch those advertising hoardings.
    I do that. Seen some good concerts advertised at various grounds.

Master
    I do that. Seen some good concerts advertised at various grounds.
    It is clever how they've synced the two rows of boards to the main camera perspective, but goodness, it is a little intrusive...

Harry Kane masterclass

What a match, and a great win despite playing against 12 men.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    What a match, and a great win despite playing against 12 men.

z

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post

z
    Our record against you is weird. We’re probably the closest you have to a bogey team.

Blog Entries
    Our record against you is weird. We’re probably the closest you have to a bogey team.
    No excuses. Possession does not win games. Goals do.

z
    BTW : I'm still bitter about the 1981 FA cup final(s)
    Last edited by zelig; 20th February 2022 at 16:24. Reason: Remembered 1981

Craftsman
    Surprised & delighted at this result.

With City unbeaten in league since October and Spurs losing three on the bounce, the writing was on the wall.

I think Spurs have become of a bit of a bogey team because of the way they can break out from back, coupled with the brilliance of Kane and Son. I’ve lost count how of many goals we’ve conceded to Spurs in such a similar fashion, you’d think we’d learn. Kane was outstanding tonight - deserved man of the match.

Master
    Looks like it’s game on for Liverpool
    And city to slug it out.

First half against Norwich, Liverpool were really poor. We didn’t come alive until Thiago come on the pitch. He’s technically next level, better than anything ive ever seen at Anfield.

Oxlade is finished, I’d never play him again he offers nothing anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk