closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anybody actually made a claim with Secursus?

Anybody actually made a claim with Secursus?

Looks like my Speedmaster has gone missing. RMSD tracking shows it as collected then that's it. Just come off the phone to RM and they don't have any more info. They say it's not considered missing until 8th November.

Jesus Christ I'm now going to have weeks of stress trying to get my £3k back. Why do I bother. No more watches for me after this. This the second time this has happened to me but last time it was Parcelforce and it was only £500.

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

Given all the recent strikes and suspension of the delivery guarantees it could still be in the system. When was it posted and how long has it now been missing. I hope you took a series of pictures whilst packaging the watch.

The last watch I received that had Secursus insurance cover was so badly packed I doubt they would have paid out.

You need to follow their procedures. Hopefully it will turn up.

It was collected from me yesterday and supposed to be delivered today. Thing is according to the tracking it still hasn't made it to the local sorting office.

I followed the instructions to the letter and took lots of photos. I even took a photo of the postman putting it in his van!

That happens some times had ita couple of times. If must be delayed it should be there in tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by RS404 View Post
    It was collected from me yesterday and supposed to be delivered today. Thing is according to the tracking it still hasn't made it to the local sorting office.

I followed the instructions to the letter and took lots of photos. I even took a photo of the postman putting it in his van!

Sent from my SM-A325F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Blog Entries
    The last few parcels I sent thro the Norwich system have all been delayed.

Good grief man, two days or more is the norm now. Tracking will be updated later tonight or tomorrow morning. If it is delivered late fill the on line claim form in a wait for your cheque.

Anybody actually made a claim with Secursus?

I have a feeling this will turn up safe and sound! Let us know how it goes.

If it is lost, I’d be curious if the insurance actually pays out. I’ve always been a little sceptical because there are so many people / locations involved it could be anyones fault

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Good grief man, two days or more is the norm now. Tracking will be updated later tonight or tomorrow morning. If it is delivered late fill the on line claim form in a wait for your cheque.
    Hope you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzyb123 View Post
    I have a feeling this will turn up safe and sound! Let us know how it goes.

If it is lost, I’d be curious if the insurance actually pays out. I’ve always been a little sceptical because there are so many people / locations involved it could be anyones fault

Yes, if I do have to make a claim with Secursus it will be good feedback for the forum.

As said above, RM are quite reliable and I would bet it only is a delay related to strikes etc…
    It always turns up eventually, I am sure the parcel will arrive soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post

The last watch I received that had Secursus insurance cover was so badly packed I doubt they would have paid out.

It's all good though - the SC seller would have paid out immediately and in full had it become lost / stolen / damaged, when the claim was rejected due to them being an idiot.

Hopefully your's turns up safe and sound, OP.

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    It's all good though - the SC seller would have paid out immediately and in full had it become lost / stolen / damaged, when the claim was rejected due to them being an idiot.
    Depends on if the sellers daughter needed a new phone or not.

I thought the recent one was bad, but two years ago someone sent me a £4.5k military watch in a Jiffy bag. No packing, just dropped into the envelope and sent and that had insurance cover. Wouldn’t have stood a chance.
    Last edited by Wallasey Runner; 1st November 2022 at 20:30.

I ordered something a week last Thursday. Strike was the following day but expected the special delivery to be with me on the Tuesday. It came on Saturday.

Fingers crossed it’s just delayed mate.

It would be unusual for SD items to go missing but Royal mail are behind on posting due to the strikes, hopefully it should turn up.

Sent from a technical device.

Master
    Sorry to hear of the delay but fingers crossed it will turn up.

Journeyman
    I was just reading this thread on Pistonheads which implies that Secursus don’t cover private individuals and additionally items sent to eBay’s authentication department are not covered because they are being sent to a third party.

It does mention online marketplaces so would that include forums? I suppose it would. Also watches being sent for repairs are only covered if sent by a company. Has anyone had the same information from Secursus?

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/...=187&t=2008500
    Last edited by SlipperySam; 2nd November 2022 at 09:57.

Quote Originally Posted by SlipperySam View Post
    I was just reading this thread on Pistonheads which implies that Secursus don’t cover private individuals and additionally items sent to eBay’s authentication department are not covered because they are being sent to a third party.

It does mention online marketplaces so would that include forums? I suppose it would. Also watches being sent for repairs are only covered if sent by a company. Has anyone had the same information from Secursus?

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/...=187&t=2008500
    I guess you could only insure post to the ebay authenticator, beyond that it's ebay's responsibility?

I guess you could only insure post to the ebay authenticator, beyond that it's ebay's responsibility?
    I doubt that would wash as eBay isn’t the purchaser. The other salient points in the terms suggest that selling via SC would result in cover being denied should anything go amiss.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I doubt that would wash as eBay isn’t the purchaser. The other salient points in the terms suggest that selling via SC would result in cover being denied should anything go amiss.
    Where in terms does it suggest SC sales are not covered?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Where in terms does it suggest SC sales are not covered?
    Read the terms with regard to online marketplaces and private individuals...

6.2. THE PARCEL INSURANCE DOES NOT COVER:

... ITEMS SHIPPED THAT ARE SOLD/PURCHASED ON AN ONLINE MARKETPLACE BY INDIVIDUALS.

Edited to add - insurance is for the benefit of the seller, not the buyer. Yes, mention it in a sale, but the responsibility to deliver the goods in undamaged condition rests with the seller, whether insured or not (unless expressly agreed to the contrary). The oft-seen implication that the insurance is on behalf of the buyer is misleading/incorrect.
    Last edited by learningtofly; 2nd November 2022 at 10:52.

Read the terms with regard to online marketplaces and private individuals...

6.2. THE PARCEL INSURANCE DOES NOT COVER:

... ITEMS SHIPPED THAT ARE SOLD/PURCHASED ON AN ONLINE MARKETPLACE BY INDIVIDUALS.
    Thanks, missed that (and the capitalisation doesn't help!).

The insurance seems rather pointless TBH.

Agreed.

So all this time we have been shipping watches with zero protection ?

So all this time we have been shipping watches with zero protection ?

Looks very likely.

Back to hours in the car for f2f then.

Is SC an online marketplace? It's a private members area of an online forum.

Someone needs to ask Secursus directly because it would be ridiculous if you couldn't insure post to a buyer. It would mean you could only insure gifts or watches purchased by friends.

I've always wondered about Parcel Pro and claiming. I've never had to thankfully, but there's always a first time.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Back to hours in the car for f2f then.
    This.

I recently sent a c.20k watch to eBay authenticity and used Secursus. I was very nervous to be honest.

But I read the T&Cs carefully and thought I was covered. Not sure it is explicit my scenario wasn’t covered but I am glad I didn’t need to find out.

Any news on delivery OP?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Is SC an online marketplace? Yes.

It's a private members area of an online forum. Irrelevant.

This happened to me last month. I sold a watch on eBay and sent it to the authenticator (which is an excellent service BTW) and they received it fine and sent it onto the buyer the same day.

But the buyer wasn’t in when UPS tried to deliver it and the watch went missing when they took it back to their depot. The buyer opened an investigation with ebay and ebay ended up reimbursing the buyer. No cost or consequence to me.

EBay could see that the authenticator received the watch fine from me so I’d done my part. What happens after that is the responsibility of the authenticator and eBay.

I've always used Parcel Pro and thankfully never had to claim, although I have worried about how that would go if I ever did. How do you prove you've followed their packing requirements for example? After these rather shocking revelations that Secursus insurance is basically pointless I will go and check the Parcel Pro T&Cs.
    Last edited by dashfield; 2nd November 2022 at 13:39.

Quote Originally Posted by dashfield View Post
    ... I've always used Parcel Pro and thankfully never had to claim, although I have worried about how that would go if I ever did. How do you prove you've followed their packing requirements for example? After these rather shocking revelations that Secursus insurance is basically pointless I will go and check the Parcel Pro T&Cs.
    Video or photographs, I imagine, but I've wondered too!

Quote Originally Posted by Estoril-5 View Post
    Could be debated. Shops don't price match Costco as it's not a shop but a private member's club. Silly but true.

Not a shop but still a (member’s only) marketplace.

Quote Originally Posted by Estoril-5 View Post
    Is SC an online marketplace? Yes.

It's a private members area of an online forum. Irrelevant.
    And you know this for a fact? How?

Would have thought it was obvious, a marketplace is somewhere where items are bought and sold. And, it's online.

Master
    Its a place where one party sells an item to another party (and its online).

edit: KS beat me to it.

Master
    Presume this is still ‘missing’ ?

HMRC's definition of Online Marketplace is pretty tight, and SC is unlikely to fall within it, IMO - it seems quite difficult to find an actual legal definition of the term, though.

In any event French law applies to Secursus's Ts&Cs.
    Last edited by DMC102; 2nd November 2022 at 16:18.

Blog Entries
    Is SC an online marketplace? It's a private members area of an online forum.

Someone needs to ask Secursus directly because it would be ridiculous if you couldn't insure post to a buyer. It would mean you could only insure gifts or watches purchased by friends.

I've always wondered about Parcel Pro and claiming. I've never had to thankfully, but there's always a first time.
    I don’t consider an online forum an online marketplace. But it needs to be clarified by secursus.

If a TZ member agrees to pay for a watch or a handbag on TZ the deal is paid for privately outside of TZ - to be clear I suggest a (private) invoice with high value items to be digitally agreed (email) with the buyer. The deal is outside of TZ between buyer and seller

some definitions - it needs secursus to clarify

https://www.lawinsider.com/dictionar...ne-marketplace

quote from secursus

The mandatory option for insuring your shipped item is a tracking number: you need the tracking information to insure your package, moreover you can track your order status package in case its delayed or lost or to evaluate the transit-time.
    If you are a watch seller or buyer, please feel free to reach out to me if you need advice on how to ship a watch.
    you are shipping via RMSD / UPS / DHL etc - not via TZ.
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 2nd November 2022 at 17:05.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Hugely relieved to announce that the watch has now been successfully delivered to the buyer. Thanks to those who sent reassuring responses.

I still maintain that I won't be bothering again though, especially after reading this thread. Far too stressful. Very glad I didn't need to put Secursus to the test, sounds like I would have been defeated by the small print.

Hugely relieved to announce that the watch has now been successfully delivered to the buyer. Thanks to those who sent reassuring responses.

I still maintain that I won't be bothering again though, especially after reading this thread. Far too stressful. Very glad I didn't need to put Secursus to the test, sounds like I would have been defeated by the small print.

Pleased to hear all is good, I certainly know that feeling when an expensive watch isn’t updated on the tracking.

Claim the RMSD postage back via the on-line claim form. I got a £15 cheque today for a watch that took two days a few weeks back.

https://personal.help.royalmail.com/...ture%2C-how-do

It’s their way of buying you a few drinks for the unnecessary stress caused
    Last edited by Wallasey Runner; 2nd November 2022 at 18:42.

Hope you're right.

It's most likely it's just delayed .Often tracking isn't updated until it's processed at the sorting office. It happened to me a few times during Covid and a couple of times on other occasions.

Master

I thought that would probably happen, but I'm happy to hear this new nonetheless. Congrats all round.

I’m pleased it turned up and the stress is out the way!