timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Tesla Info Thread.

Journeyman
    Thanks! Will call em

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Peugeot Insurance is underwritten by same company as Direct Line anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wowsers is that the typical premium level! I guess they are quite expensive, plus they are so fast and probably expensive to repair?

Sent from my M2101K7BNY using Tapatalk
    Last edited by xxnick1975; 8th July 2022 at 11:59.

Quote Originally Posted by xxnick1975 View Post
    Wowsers is that the typical premium level! Because they are so fast and expensive to repair?

Sent from my M2101K7BNY using Tapatalk
    London, no drive, and brand new.

The speed and repairs won't help but I'd say a 45k Merc brand new would be similar?

I think mine cost about £400 a start of an Admiral multi-car policy.

We have a T3 insured for me and the missus (mid-50s) and a 69 plate VW California, a 66-plate Skoda Yeti and a 1997 Toyota Landcruiser.

The latter three are all insured for all three kids too - ages 22, 25 and 27.

Total cost for the policy was about £1200 for the year.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,
    Martyn.

Don't do the update if you haven't already, wait for the next one.

My alarm went off yesterday for no reason (checked sentry) and reading online it's happening to a few others along with the frunk and/or boot opening for no reason.

My cabin protection also doesn't work a lot of the time now which is pretty annoying. Got in it yesterday and could have died. This is right now-went into the app(always running) because I thought it was weird there wasn't an overheat alert today and saw this.

Another day another scorcher with no AC activated. Been in the app all day trying to make sure the seats don't melt.

Is there anything like plain/clear tints (0% or 1%) that will cool the cabin and bounce the heat back out? 61 degrees is unreal.

Master
    Advantage of a dumb car, I don't need and cannot fret over things my car won't measure :)

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Advantage of a dumb car, I don't need and cannot fret over things my car won't measure :)
    The other advantage is your "dumb car" has leather seats, not some plastic nonsense.

This is what I'm trying to prevent. Also when I got in the car yesterday the screen wouldn't turn on and I couldn't see my speed. Too hot.

Craftsman
    Looks like something out of Stranger Things

That’s really poor design, what do they do for actual hot markets like UAE etc? Surely the car cannot be sitting all day using it’s charge to keep the cabin cool?

Quote Originally Posted by mk2driver View Post
    Looks like something out of Stranger Things

That’s really poor design, what do they do for actual hot markets like UAE etc? Surely the car cannot be sitting all day using it’s charge to keep the cabin cool?
    Non-EV cars have always managed w/o active cooling, are they using especially cheap materials?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    The other advantage is your "dumb car" has leather seats, not some plastic nonsense.

This is what I'm trying to prevent. Also when I got in the car yesterday the screen wouldn't turn on and I couldn't see my speed. Too hot.
    Wow mate, I had no idea this was actually a thing. Assumed you were playing with some artistic licence. This is a real poor show by Tesla.

Master
    To be fair almost no manufacturers use real leather now.

Master
    I think Tesla Canada had identified this as hair product reacting with the Vegan leather in very hot temps.

Only seems to effect headrests which would suggest there’s something in it.

Time to stop using the Brylcream!

Another day another scorcher with no AC activated. Been in the app all day trying to make sure the seats don't melt.

Is there anything like plain/clear tints (0% or 1%) that will cool the cabin and bounce the heat back out? 61 degrees is unreal.

Can't you vent the windows and turn the ac on/off occasioanly (I know it uses energy)

Quote Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
    Can't you vent the windows and turn the ac on/off occasioanly (I know it uses energy)
    Thanks. When the temp is high I vent the windows and turn on the AC for a minute or two which helps drop the temp a bit quicker then close the windows again with the AC still on.

Have tried leaving the windows vented but someone in the street WhatsApp group always texts to let us know our windows are open.

The glass roof surely doesn’t help and having limited tints.

If my Model Y arrives with its fantasy September delivery I will have at least 9 months to get things sorted before Summer 2023!

Thanks. When the temp is high I vent the windows and turn on the AC for a minute or two which helps drop the temp a bit quicker then close the windows again with the AC still on.

Have tried leaving the windows vented but someone in the street WhatsApp group always texts to let us know our windows are open.
    My S (2018) you can't have overhaet and the alarm active (presumably as it opens the windows) which would be OK if could turn on/off via the app but can't. I have the Tesla shades but they don't do that much - I think it is lots of glass that is the problem (and a big screen I don't want to cook)

So the new update seems to be aimed at cretins. Now it gives you an audible beep when the lights go green so you know when to move. I'm sorry but if you need a bleep to tell you when the lights are green you shouldn't be driving a car.

Used 10% battery yesterday with the cabin overheating protection where the air con comes on periodically to keep the cabin below 40% when the Tesla is parked.

This would be as issue if you live in the Tropics I'd say where these temperatures are far more common.

Theoretically then. If you went on holiday and parked it up for a time at the airport whilst it was hot. You could come back to a flat car ?

^ I guess your choice is flat battery or melted upholstery? [I'm not knocking Teslas by the way - I'll make the move eventually, once the infrastructure has caught up.]

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    So the new update seems to be aimed at cretins. Now it gives you an audible beep when the lights go green so you know when to move. I'm sorry but if you need a bleep to tell you when the lights are green you shouldn't be driving a car.

Used 10% battery yesterday with the cabin overheating protection where the air con comes on periodically to keep the cabin below 40% when the Tesla is parked.

This would be as issue if you live in the Tropics I'd say where these temperatures are far more common.
    Apparently this was a Full Self Driving only feautre that has now been rolled out (down) to all the cars - agreed it is abit for the half asleep, although I have turned it on as you never know !

Apparently this was a Full Self Driving only feautre that has now been rolled out (down) to all the cars - agreed it is abit for the half asleep, although I have turned it on as you never know !
    Only he who has never used (or been tempted to use) the horn to signal the light was green as the driver of the car in front of you kept talking to the passenger or fiddle with the radio can throw stones.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by Tooks View Post
    I think Tesla Canada had identified this as hair product reacting with the Vegan leather in very hot temps.

Only seems to effect headrests which would suggest there’s something in it.

Time to stop using the Brylcream!
    Whether if affects one or both headrests would certainly narrow down the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by blackie View Post
    Theoretically then. If you went on holiday and parked it up for a time at the airport whilst it was hot. You could come back to a flat car ?
    You'd turn cabin overheat protection off and in any case once battery level is below 10% it wouldn't activate anyway

You'd turn cabin overheat protection off and in any case once battery level is below 10% it wouldn't activate anyway
    Ok cheers

Master
    Sure I also read somewhere it only works for 12 hours after being driven. Then stops activating. Which I assume is built in to cover such a a scenario of it not being drive and wasting battery.

Had an odd one the other day. Car was charging when sw updated and didn't resume charging. Stranger still it wouldn't start charging again (although did work with the Tesla 3 pin charger) . Wallbox was working fine too.

Eventually it worked again, but in future I think will not update and charge at the same time in the future.

Had an odd one the other day. Car was charging when sw updated and didn't resume charging. Stranger still it wouldn't start charging again (although did work with the Tesla 3 pin charger) . Wallbox was working fine too.

Eventually it worked again, but in future I think will not update and charge at the same time in the future.
    Can't update and charge at a supercharger.

Surprised me too so I wouldn't update while plugged in at home moving forward

Car is 11 months old and the driver's side light unit has failed. No lights at all and no indicator from the front driver's side. These things happen.

Tesla Roadside have advised no courtesy car will be given. If I want a courtesy car I *might* be able to get one on the 23rd in 3 weeks if I bring the car to them but I'll find out on the day and certainly not before. If I don't get one I just have to catch the train home.

However if I go for the mobile appointment where they come to my house (luckily I got a cancellation for the 8th in the app last night) no courtesy car will be given and it's just tough luck. Sounds like on the 8th someone will come out and go "yep, needs a new one, I'll order it" and wait a few weeks.

Even my old bottom spec BMW 116D which cost considerably less came with a pick up and delivery service with a courtesy car dropped off.

Tesla is great in so many ways but from buying the car to collecting it and then after sale they really are bottom of the barrel and almost useless.

Craftsman
    Car is 11 months old and the driver's side light unit has failed. No lights at all and no indicator from the front driver's side. These things happen.

Tesla Roadside have advised no courtesy car will be given. If I want a courtesy car I *might* be able to get one on the 23rd in 3 weeks if I bring the car to them but I'll find out on the day and certainly not before. If I don't get one I just have to catch the train home.

However if I go for the mobile appointment where they come to my house (luckily I got a cancellation for the 8th in the app last night) no courtesy car will be given and it's just tough luck. Sounds like on the 8th someone will come out and go "yep, needs a new one, I'll order it" and wait a few weeks.

Even my old bottom spec BMW 116D which cost considerably less came with a pick up and delivery service with a courtesy car dropped off.

Tesla is great in so many ways but from buying the car to collecting it and then after sale they really are bottom of the barrel and almost useless.
    In fairness to Tesla...when taking my old 5 series in for a service earlier in the year, the local BMW dealer didn't have any appointments for at least 3 weeks and at least 5 weeks with a courtesy car

Quote Originally Posted by mrsammyp View Post
    In fairness to Tesla...when taking my old 5 series in for a service earlier in the year, the local BMW dealer didn't have any appointments for at least 3 weeks and at least 5 weeks with a courtesy car
    You're probably spot on. The last time I had car issues there was no great resignation or supply chain issue.

In the past I had a flat tyre on a smart car and Mercedes couldn't locate a spare so sent me in a taxi to the nearest airport to have a hire car for a week while a garage ordered and fitted a spare wheel.

Thinking about it those days are probably gone for most brands now.

Thankfully a Tesla is a million times better than any BMW so it's horses for courses

Thankfully a Tesla is a million times better than any BMW so it's horses for courses
    Some parts of Tesla are amazing but I couldn't agree with you on that.

Craftsman

Raise it as a safety issue and demand a unit replacement or courtesy car

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mk2driver View Post
    Raise it as a safety issue and demand a unit replacement or courtesy car
    Unfortunately, demanding anything from Tesla seems to fall on deaf ears!

That said, a headlight is something a Ranger would likely be able to diagnose and fix, they might even bring one with them on the first visit, so it might not be the nightmare it’s shaping up to be.

The Ranger replaced our near side Tesla camera on the same visit as the diagnosis, all on the driveway.

What a load of rubbish!

Presume this is wind up!

LOL
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Quote Originally Posted by Gullers View Post
    What a load of rubbish!

Presume this is wind up!
    Not a wind up. My previous car was a RR Velar HSE and I far prefer the Tesla to that, let alone a Beemer.

Not a wind up. My previous car was a RR Velar HSE and I far prefer the Tesla to that, let alone a Beemer.
    That’s fair enough you’re personal preference of one model over another but it doesn’t make the Tesla a million times better than BMW, in fact it isn’t better at all.

I’m presuming by your comment you haven’t had any significant time behind the wheel of an I4.

That’s fair enough you’re personal preference of one model over another but it doesn’t make the Tesla a million times better than BMW, in fact it isn’t better at all.

I’m presuming by your comment you haven’t had any significant time behind the wheel of an I4.
    I haven't tried the I4 but here's an article comparing it with the Tesla Model 3 and the Tesla comes out on top;

https://www.whatcar.com/news/new-bmw...verdict/n24273

I haven't tried the I4 but here's an article comparing it with the Tesla Model 3 and the Tesla comes out on top;

https://www.whatcar.com/news/new-bmw...verdict/n24273
    And where do the two brands sit on the past three J.D Power surveys? I wouldn't choose either, TBH. Musk ain't getting my hard earned even if they upped the build quality, and the beemer has poor miles per kWh.
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    And where do the two brands sit on the past three J.D Power surveys? I wouldn't choose either, TBH.
    Well being honest the overall Tesla experience as a tech platform has blown me away. I may well move away from Tesla next time round solely on the basis that Elon Musk is an imbecile.

The worst part about buying a Tesla is giving that POS your hard earned money. The second worst part is it isn't exactly a quality car.

Once the rivals catch up and aren't super expensive I'll change but the Supercharging is very handy although my Tesla range is exactly half what my diesel GLC was.

I agree the Elon musk is the biggest downsize to engaging with Tesla but I wanted the Tesla to have a go at driving the future and to have something a little different as the main brands just seemed a little same to ICE models or more compromised in range and charging.

I am enjoying the Tesla and have no issues with the build quality on my Model Y. It is holding up nicely after 2 months! . No rattles or loose stuff. No leaks!

It isn’t all perfect though, the auto wipers have a mind of their own. They come on when it’s dry and don’t when it is raining! The lack of CarPlay is annoying as well as no option to change the display set up.

However, the choice is getting interesting and better now and therefore I doubt I would get a second Tesla. This is where Musk must be worried because how many other Tesla owners will do the same?

I am a happy Tesla owner. After nearly a year I'm delighted with the car.

The integration with the charging infrastructure is a dream. I drove to the Highlands last month from London and got to Inverness on 2 top ups. The car changed my charging destination based on how busy they were to ensure no wait times. The speed of charging is phenomenal.

I looked at all the contenders before making my purchase and to me there wasn't really competition in that price bracket. Tesla wins by miles.

However, electricity price increases and Elon being a bellend would change my calculation considerably if I was buying again today.

Well being honest the overall Tesla experience as a tech platform has blown me away. I may well move away from Tesla next time round solely on the basis that Elon Musk is an imbecile.
    No doubt the technology is outstanding, however the build quality isn’t, they are not well made cars. The quality is now where near BMW. The reviews mean nothing, you can easily find reviewers that will go either way depending whether they prefer tech or build quality / driving experience.

No doubt the technology is outstanding, however the build quality isn’t, they are not well made cars. The quality is now where near BMW. The reviews mean nothing, you can easily find reviewers that will go either way depending whether they prefer tech or build quality / driving experience.
    I have a BMW M140i, AMG GLC 43 and a Chinese made Telsa Model 3. (For a few more weeks, as the German ones are probably going)

Other than the fact the Tesla paint is too susceptible to bird poo damage, there's nothing between them from a quality point of view. No rattles, clunks or dodgy gaps.

I've owned premium cars for years and none of them can touch the driving experience of the Tesla. I now get embarrassed by loud exhausts. Why made a huge noise when you're slower than an almost silent EV. All mouth, no trousers.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by guinea View Post
    I have a BMW M140i, AMG GLC 43 and a Chinese made Telsa Model 3. (For a few more weeks, as the German ones are probably going)

Other than the fact the Tesla paint is too susceptible to bird poo damage, there's nothing between them from a quality point of view. No rattles, clunks or dodgy gaps.

I've owned premium cars for years and none of them can touch the driving experience of the Tesla. I now get embarrassed by loud exhausts. Why made a huge noise when you're slower than an almost silent EV. All mouth, no trousers.
    We’ve had our M3 Long Range for about 20 months now, it’s a made in China model and would agree with most of your comments.

The soft paint is the biggest pain, the build quality is fine and the minimalist interior is a love or hate thing, but I quite like it.

I dislike the small text on the big screen, I can’t see key information as easily as as in our ID.4, I need reading glasses.

Only issues have been rear light misting, and the near side camera developing a fault, but both replaced on our driveway by the Tesla Ranger service.

Performance is obviously excellent, never seems to get tiring, although I rarely use it! Ride isn’t as great as it could be, and they’re very ubiquitous now as well. We paid just over £50k for our long range, not sure we’d be so keen to pay the current near £57k asking, as other competition comes into view.

As an aside, I like the look of the i4!

Had my Model 3 company car for 3 weeks now and covered almost 2,000 miles. All good apart from a creaky drivers window, me managing to rip off the near side mud flap and a passing lorry chucking up a stone which has smashed my roof…

Untitled by Alex L, on Flickr