closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Weird Vintage Heuer on eBay

Master

Weird Vintage Heuer on eBay

I was under the impression that Heuer only used this case for the Audi sport.
    This doesn’t seem to be the case with this example. It’s the very first one I have ever seen in this arrangement which makes me think that it is a Frankenstein. Of course, considering the vintage and the way they used to put pieces together during that transitional period I cannot be certain!
    Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like a 510.50x in the wrong case, I've never seen this configuration (but that doesn't mean it's never existed).

When there's no documented proof, those that are selling (or own) them usually describe them as 'transitional' or 'prototype', but we'll probably never truly know whether it's just a bitsa.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ed335d View Post
    Looks like a 510.50x in the wrong case, I've never seen this configuration (but that doesn't mean it's never existed).

When there's no documented proof, those that are selling (or own) them usually describe them as 'transitional' or 'prototype', but we'll probably never truly know whether it's just a bitsa.
    That is my thinking as well. Used a dial from the 510 line…

Craftsman
    Maybe is an Audi sport, with the wording removed. Looks a big gap between Heuer and automatic, as if something is missing.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Maybe is an Audi sport, with the wording removed. Looks a big gap between Heuer and automatic, as if something is missing.
    The Audi sport deleted the 24hr subdial. So the dial is definitely different

My logic goes like this.
    Looks like a standard 510 series dial (they did day, day-date, separated signature and tag heuer dials on those).
    But the fit to the chapter ring is perfect, and I am pretty sure the 510 dial is larger than the Audi-sport case aperture to the tachy rehaut.
    And that caseback has no Heuer numeration or signature (which they did a lot of).
    The Audi sport case got used by Lemamia, Dugena, Technos and several others.
    So I am pretty convinced it is a transplanted, or re-signed dial in a case used by another watch, originally.
    If i were to be totally sus, i would also point to the minute hand lying over the Heuer signature, which does seem to lack some definition to the ends of the lettering........

I can’t help with any knowledge but it’s a very nice watch. If the price was right, possibly being a franken wouldn’t bother me at all.