closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 68 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
Results 3,351 to 3,400 of 4124

Thread: The unified Rolex in the window thread

Craftsman
    Probably not the right thread for it, but the closest and most recent that I can find related to AD's.

I find myself in a situation where my one & only AD contact has left the business with no notice or handover.

Anyone found themselves in a similar situation, if so, what happens next?
    - How does the current relationship and rapport developed transfer?
    - Is it worthwhile/appropriate picking up with their manager?
    Last edited by Litcan91; 3rd March 2023 at 17:29.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Pelagos 39 in Heathrow T3 WoS

No discounts anymore, just standard RRP.
    I passed up a 14060M and DSSD in the late noughties in LHR, back in the day they gave you equivalent VAT reduction no matter where you were flying.

Ah, the good old days, but the 14060M was not that popular back then. It was seen as the Ford Fiesta Popular of Rolex watches

Quote Originally Posted by Litcan91 View Post
    Any tips?
    Get served by one of the other shop assistants instead.

Master
    Probably not the right thread for it, but the closest and most recent that I can find related to AD's.

I find myself in a situation where my one & only AD contact has left the business (London based WOS) with no notice or handover.

- Any tips?

Would appreciate any advice, happy to take it via PM
    May I ask how you cultivated this relationship?

- Any tips?
    I would have thought any relationship is now defunct. You will have to start all over again.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by estoban7 View Post
    May I ask how you cultivated this relationship?
    Expression of interest, regular catch ups in store and remotely, purchasing, introduction to new clients etc etc.

All through the individual contact, over a course of a number of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    I would have thought any relationship is now defunct. You will have to start all over again.
    That is so unfair.

Surely any AD worth their salt would have a handover of the relationship list when a staff member leaves? Very disappointing of WOS.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    That is so unfair.

Surely any AD worth their salt would have a handover of the relationship list when a staff member leaves? Very disappointing of WOS.
    My AD ghosted me. I felt used.
    All the time they were bumping others to the top of the list, sharing the goods amongst their trade friends. Flirting with other buyers letting them join the list.
    Every time I went in to say hello they were nice to my face but then laughed at me behind my back.

It was an awful experience, I buy Seiko now.
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 3rd March 2023 at 16:54.

Expression of interest, regular catch ups in store and remotely, purchasing, introduction to new clients etc etc.

All through the individual contact, over a course of a number of years.
    There is no value in any of that TBH - it's a shop and you/we are one of hundreds of customers.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    There is no value in any of that TBH - it's a shop and you/we are one of hundreds of customers.
    Is just being on the list enough though?

The whole 'list' thing is a manipulative fallacy.

No I would have thought any incoming would have had their own preferred customers, their own contacts and would go to them first in order to maximise their commission.

Whilst I was having a little fun in my previous post, I really do think any ‘relationship’ you may have had is now over. You may be on a list, if the list exists. If their preferred customers turn down the opportunity to buy the watch you may just get lucky and “get the call” but the relationship thing was just them blowing smoke up punters behinds IMO, it was to keep them happy and if they were lucky the punters would buy some stuff they found hard to shift in the first place.

Craftsman
    The whole 'list' thing is a manipulative fallacy.
    Back to the point of the relationship then.

It's meaningless - the whole preferred customer thing is purely about regular spend. Calling in for a chat etc. is just a waste of your time unless you are spending money, regularly. They can sell everything popular 10 times over. I cannot understand why people think that it's anything to do with 'aving a chat etc.
    Last edited by Chris_in_the_UK; 3rd March 2023 at 17:19.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    No.
    Have you tried going along with some Ferrero Rocher and hand warmed massage oil and having a little tete a tete with your contacts replacement?

Master
    The last time I went on the list I got the call after about 2 months. This was a few years ago though and I realise things changed a bit since then. However, I got the impression that the watch I wanted was sitting in the back of the shop all along and it was just a big con.

Master
    im not being smart but why in gods name would you be trying to cultivate a relationship with a shop assistant, its a manufactured scenario you are better off out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    im not being smart but why in gods name would you be trying to cultivate a relationship with a shop assistant, its a manufactured scenario you are better off out of it.
    Where does the bear make poo?
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Pelagos 39 in Goldsmiths Merry Hill. Tried it on and it felt small and actually not that slim either such that it seemed a little top heavy. I think my perception of size has been recalibrated after wearing larger watches.

Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    Pelagos 39 in Goldsmiths Merry Hill. Tried it on and it felt small and actually not that slim either such that it seemed a little top heavy. I think my perception of size has been recalibrated after wearing larger watches.
    It only has 200m WR IIRC. No reason it needs to have a thick case, unless the in house movement requires it.

The trend to smaller diameter watches is also complimetned with the trend of thinner watches too. Seems like Tudor is half the way there with this model.

Sent from my SM-X200 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    It was just a question in case there was a better way to go about it purely for the reason of still wanting to try out what I have registered and maintained contact for.

I'm not losing any sleep over it. If it materialises, great, if not, also not an issue.

The topic seems to have stimulated some members beyond this thread.

It was just a question in case there was a better way to go about it purely for the reason of still wanting to try out what I have registered and maintained contact for.

I'm not losing any sleep over it. If it materialises, great, if not, also not an issue.

The topic seems to have stimulated some members beyond this thread.
    The whole relationship part of the business model has changed. It used to be to get some repeat business, maybe a couple of items in a decade. Now it is about much higher value spend on higher margin trinkets, or fook you.

Two fingers to the whole system. I can't summon up the energy to go beyond a glance in the AD window these days.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    The whole relationship part of the business model has changed. It used to be to get some repeat business, maybe a couple of items in a decade. Now it is about much higher value spend on higher margin trinkets, or fook you.

Two fingers to the whole system. I can't summon up the energy to go beyond a glance in the AD window these days.

With you there generally.

But recently I have seen some actual Rolex in actual windows for sale. First time in a few years.

It will continue to improve surely.

They have been datejust with diamonds or PM on OF but it’s a start.

AD in Windsor had steel and gold explorer, SD, DJ41 MOP diamond, YG Skydweller on flex all in the window, all for walk-in sale. (Last weekend)

Sorry to interrupt folks, but could anyone kindly point out the differences between a submariner and a yacht meister?

Sent from my IN2013 using Tapatalk

Craftsman

I couldn't agree more. I bailed out of the Rolex nonsense in 2019 and have discovered and enjoyed a great range of brands ever since. I too glanced in my AD's window today, full of exhibition only Datejust's and an exhibition only Tudor Ranger FFS!

Craftsman

I find myself in a situation where my one & only AD contact has left the business with no notice or handover.

Exact same thing has happened to me (also with WoS). In fact my contact was the manager. Sales rep that now has my account is next to useless, I have no relationship with him and he doesn't even bother responding to my emails.

Quote Originally Posted by RajLondon View Post
    Exact same thing has happened to me (also with WoS). In fact my contact was the manager. Sales rep that now has my account is next to useless, I have no relationship with him and he doesn't even bother responding to my emails.
    You have never had a relationship and nobody ever will - it's a game to them and as long as you spend large they will play you along.

Quote Originally Posted by nickyboyo View Post
    Sorry to interrupt folks, but could anyone kindly point out the differences between a submariner and a yacht meister?

A Submariner wears a woollen sweater and sinks cargo ships
    He keeps “Ze List”

Or 200m and a lume pip.
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 3rd March 2023 at 21:44.

You have never had a relationship and nobody ever will - it's a game to them and as long as you spend large they will play you along.
    Don’t burst their bubble.

The clue is in the title of SALES person or SALES assistant.

They are there to make themselves and their company money. You are just a route to maximise that.

Same watch and spec basically then, apart from finish?

Quote Originally Posted by nickyboyo View Post
    Same watch and spec basically then, apart from finish?

Rumour is the YM was made to replace the Sub but last minute they had a change of mind and made it a new model instead. Just a posh sub.

The clue is in the title of SALES person or SALES assistant.
    No no no, he wasn't a sales assistant, he was "my AD", and he loved me, he truly did.

Rumour is the YM was made to replace the Sub but last minute they had a change of mind and made it a new model instead. Just a posh sub.
    Perfect, cheers bud

Quote Originally Posted by paulrlx View Post
    AD in Windsor had steel and gold explorer, SD, DJ41 MOP diamond, YG Skydweller on flex all in the window, all for walk-in sale. (Last weekend)
    Flippers don’t want any of the ones listed above.

Quote Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
    Flippers don’t want any of the ones listed above.

From my understanding apart from the Daytona, GMT and Sub LV the rest of the models sell into the trade now in or around retail.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by paulrlx View Post
    Very surprised about the SD although premiums asked recently have seen relatively modest.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    That is so unfair.

When the person that looked after my wish list left there was a handover, introduction to the new person and review of my shopping list and a confirmation from the manager all is good in the world.

So, not all WoS are the same.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    My AD ghosted me. I felt used.
    All the time they were bumping others to the top of the list, sharing the goods amongst their trade friends. Flirting with other buyers letting them join the list.
    Every time I went in to say hello they were nice to my face but then laughed at me behind my back.

It was an awful experience, I buy Seiko now.
    Do they play the music you introduced them to to new people and recommend lessor known restaurants that you thought were your quirky special places?

Do their children have the same colour eyes as you, do they smile when they hear your name ..

Master
    Blog Entries
    I passed up a 14060M and DSSD in the late noughties in LHR, back in the day they gave you equivalent VAT reduction no matter where you were flying.

Ah, the good old days, but the 14060M was not that popular back then. It was seen as the Ford Fiesta Popular of Rolex watches
    I did the same on a GMT ceramic. £4300 rings a bell. Epic fail

Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post
    When the person that looked after my wish list left there was a handover, introduction to the new person and review of my shopping list and a confirmation from the manager all is good in the world.

So, not all WoS are the same.
    That sounds cringeworthy TBH.

Spend six figures not starting with a one and it’ll sound professional, not cringeworthy.

Spend six figures not starting with a one and it’ll sound professional, not cringeworthy.
    Cringeworthy and sad...because despite spending a fortune the buyer's still chasing that elusive something and the vendor'll have him for life, might as well take up hard drugs.

Master
    Surely that must be a joke?

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Cringeworthy and sad...because despite spending a fortune the buyer's still chasing that elusive something and the vendor'll have him for life, might as well take up hard drugs.
    No residual value in class a

An AD is essentially just a shop yes, but its not exactly Tesco and even if you’re a repeat customer who spends a normal amount of money at a coffee shop often enough you do want to be treated like a valued customer, even if somehow you’re not

I hate a lot of the AD BS and brand nonsense (not just Rolex) but I don’t see anything cringeworthy with the above.

No, it's cringeworthy - other opinions are available.

No residual value in class a

An AD is essentially just a shop yes, but its not exactly Tesco and even if you’re a repeat customer who spends a normal amount of money at a coffee shop often enough you do want to be treated like a valued customer, even if somehow you’re not

I hate a lot of the AD BS and brand nonsense (not just Rolex) but I don’t see anything cringeworthy with the above.
    Much better highs though and you won't give 2 hoots about banalities like wristwatches, residuals...
    Last edited by Passenger; 4th March 2023 at 12:51.

Much better highs though and you won't give 2 hoots about banalities like wristwatches, residuals...
    At some point they can go into a 911, just not yet

At some point they can go into a 911, just not yet
    Plans are good.

But are returns on watches really that good, I can´t help thinking there´d be better returns to be had, could get you into that 911 faster. I dunno, and I genuinely mean that. should I have some Rolex in the portfolio? Always assuming I could convince an AD I´m the right sort.
    Last edited by Passenger; 4th March 2023 at 15:54.

Plans are good.

But are returns on watches really that good, I can´t help thinking there´d be better returns to be had, could get you into that 911 faster. I dunno, and I genuinely mean that. should I have some Rolex in the portfolio? Always assuming I could convince an AD I´m the right sort.
    I don’t care about returns, more residual value. For depreciation I don’t mind a shower but can’t handle a roman bath.

I have an Olympic pool pouring on one of them, just happy my type seems to be ok-ish depreciation wise.

Everyone needs a vice.