closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dune 2020

Cannot wait, first part was outstanding, i too hope my local cinema screens both parts

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Really looking forward to this, part 1 was the best film I'd seen at the cinema for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by T1ckT0ck View Post
    Cannot wait, first part was outstanding, i too hope my local cinema screens both parts

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    I missed the first at the cinema so hoping the same…my local Picturehouse are good like that..saw Alien and Aliens back to back last week!

Quote Originally Posted by dougair View Post
    I missed the first at the cinema so hoping the same…my local Picturehouse are good like that..saw Alien and Aliens back to back last week!

Definitely worth seeing the first part in the cinema if you can. The sound design and production is incredible.

Prince Charles (ha) Cinema in Leicester Square are also brilliant for putting on marathons.

I haven't read the book but very much enjoyed the first film and am looking forward to this part 2. Any idea how many movies are expected?

These two films are the first book only, there are many books but mostly written by Herbert's son, I've not read them but they are spoken of very poorly by the community. Only Dune Messiah (the second book written by Herbert) is ever considered on a par with the first.

As for the films, Villeneuve is a die-hard Dune fan, I suspect he won't make any more than these 2.

Quote Originally Posted by jjjamie View Post
    These two films are the first book only, there are many books but mostly written by Herbert's son, I've not read them but they are spoken of very poorly by the community. Only Dune Messiah (the second book written by Herbert) is ever considered on a par with the first.

As for the films, Villeneuve is a die-hard Dune fan, I suspect he won't make any more than these 2.
    The original Dune is still the greatest novel I've ever read.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    The original Dune is still the greatest novel I've ever read.
    It´s mythic, offers a well constructed world- universe, subverts some of the usual tropes of the coming of age hero story which in some ways makes its popularity so remarkable, distinctive... has a weirdness of it´s own, it is a classic for my money...But it´s not the greatest thing I´ve ever read tbh.
    Last edited by Passenger; 6th May 2023 at 09:23.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jjjamie View Post

Yes the other books are rubbish ( I’m not a massive fan of Herbert ) , even Dune isn’t well written but its got a decent plot . Its surprising how nland and cardboard cut out the characters are , the dialogue is at best functional and the later half of the book feels bery under written ( I do feel the Lynch film captures this perfectly perfectly) .

The trailer for Dune 2 clearly discloses it completes the first book . I agree that Villeneuve won’t touch any more . The spin off series “sisterhood of dune” will be absolute garbage I’m predicting . I half expect it to never get made .

I kept skipping the ads for this, thinking it was part1!
    Thank god I read tz!

Sent from my Lenovo YB1-X90F using Tapatalk

Trailer looks great, the first one was excellent (and Dune is one of my favourite books ever, so it was great to see a good adaption), looking forward to seeing it.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Master
    The first one is now £4.99 to buy (not just rent) on Apple movies, various extras, and the streaming quality of purchases is higher I believe, not that there’s much wrong with their usual quality. Couldn’t resist that, instant impulse purchase!

Craftsman
    It looks awesome. Glad I read the book before seeing part one. Might have to rewatch it before the new one.