closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: More bike related stuff

Hybrid View

I sort of understand the functionality, but why not strap your phone to the handlebars with Quad Lock, Sp-connect or similar? I’ve been really happy with my Sp-connect setup that has wireless charging and anti-vibration.

Master
    Brilliant few days in the Borders and Northumberland. Great weather, great roads.

Quote Originally Posted by Possu View Post
    I sort of understand the functionality, but why not strap your phone to the handlebars with Quad Lock, Sp-connect or similar? I’ve been really happy with my Sp-connect setup that has wireless charging and anti-vibration.
    I think if Android Auto on the phone hadn't been deprecated I *might* have gone that route. My current phone is the first phone I've owned that's been waterproof and for which there's a quadlock case and there's no guarantee that future phones will.

Generally I find Android Auto convenient to use, and I'd rather have a £150 bit of electronics strapped to the handlebar and my £700 phone tucked away safely.

Damn and blast

I've just realised that I'm not going to be able to fit the Motone exhaust tips to my T120; if I do, there'll be no stop for the centre stand, use of which is non-negotiable.

It's looking like it's going to mean splashing out an the Remus end cans, which is annoying given the cost implications. I won't be able to live for very long with the peashooters, though.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I've just realised that I'm not going to be able to fit the Motone exhaust tips to my T120; if I do, there'll be no stop for the centre stand, use of which is non-negotiable.

It's looking like it's going to mean splashing out an the Remus end cans, which is annoying given the cost implications. I won't be able to live for very long with the peashooters, though.
    Not all peashooters are the same. ;-)

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Not all peashooters are the same. ;-)

R
    Indeed, but I still don't like them. I think it's going to be Remus, Ralph... it's a look that I like and it does seem to be an option that comes well recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Indeed, but I still don't like them. I think it's going to be Remus, Ralph... it's a look that I like and it does seem to be an option that comes well recommended.
    I'm a fan of Remus and have added them to a few of my bikes over the years.
    For me, the look of the Bonneville encapsulating the original styling won, although the false carbs took a bit to win me over though.
    From a sound point of view the OEM pea-shooters didn't do much for me, but the V&H plus a "de-cat" X pipe sounds so much better.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    I'm a fan of Remus and have added them to a few of my bikes over the years.
    For me, the look of the Bonneville encapsulating the original styling won, although the false carbs took a bit to win me over though.

From a sound point of view the OEM pea-shooters didn't do much for me, but the V&H plus a "de-cat" X pipe sounds so much better.

R
    Yes the sound in stock form is a bit tame.I’m pretty sure you can’t decat the Euro 5 bikes because the cat’s welded on.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    I think if Android Auto on the phone hadn't been deprecated I *might* have gone that route. My current phone is the first phone I've owned that's been waterproof and for which there's a quadlock case and there's no guarantee that future phones will.

Generally I find Android Auto convenient to use, and I'd rather have a £150 bit of electronics strapped to the handlebar and my £700 phone tucked away safely.
    That does make sense. I’m sporting a four-year-old phone with battery life that couldn’t handle a half a day’s ride without charging.