closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bracelet & Strap options - Planet Ocean

Bracelet & Strap options - Planet Ocean

Hi folks

I’ve recently picked up this Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean Chronograph (reference 2918.50.83)

It’s on the original bracelet which is adjusted to be a snug fit - some days a little too snug. But one more link makes it just a little not snug enough if you get me drift.

So I’m looking for ideas for alternative bracelets with micro-d’adjust facility, or alternative strait options?

I’m about 7 1/4” wrist.

Grateful for any experiences

Nin

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Nin101 View Post
    Hi folks

I’ve recently picked up this Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean Chronograph (reference 2918.50.83)

It’s on the original bracelet which is adjusted to be a snug fit - some days a little too snug. But one more link makes it just a little not snug enough if you get me drift.

So I’m looking for ideas for alternative bracelets with micro-d’adjust facility, or alternative strait options?

I’m about 7 1/4” wrist.

Grateful for any experiences

Nin
    I obtained half links from Omega for my SMP 300M which sorted this issue for me and would not be surprised if they are also available for the PO. If you give Omega UK a ring they will be able to advise.

Master
    I have a half link in my Omega PO which sorts the fit out perfectly. To be honest though I normally wear it on a Watch Steward strap which makes it extremely comfortable.

Master
    Agree with the comments above about half links. Same size wrist here and the extra half makes for a perfect fit on my 2200.50 and allows for a bit of variation when hot or cold.

Craftsman
    New style Planet Ocean bracelets have micro adjustment clasps which are brilliant, if a little pricy. Don’t know if they fit your bracelet but you should be able to find out with a little research.

Quote Originally Posted by matt666 View Post
    New style Planet Ocean bracelets have micro adjustment clasps which are brilliant, if a little pricy. Don’t know if they fit your bracelet but you should be able to find out with a little research.
    I'll look into that, thank you!

I have 2 half links in the bracelet on mine because I'm a bit OCD about having an equal amount of links either side of the clasp, but a micro adjust would be very handy.

There is a way to fit the newer ratchet clasp to the older bracelets - Omega used to be happy to provide the parts, and I seem to recall it cost around £150-200 all in.
    Have a google for it, and you should find multiple posts on Watchuseek (I think)

Failing that, get an Omega mesh - they look great on that.

Quote Originally Posted by AshUK View Post
    There is a way to fit the newer ratchet clasp to the older bracelets - Omega used to be happy to provide the parts, and I seem to recall it cost around £150-200 all in
    I tried going down this route, went to the Omega boutique in the Trafford Centre where the unhelpful and condescending member of staff pretty much put me off the brand totally. He wouldn’t even entertain helping me.

Is you contact Omega directly they should give you a price and tell you what parts you need.
    There's also swisswatchrepairs, he's always been very helpful with me before making a purchase.
    Once you know the part numbers, ebay is also worth checking.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Thanks gents, really helpful advice. There’s a recently accredited Omega service centre in Abingdon, I’ll check in with them

I was looking at the Watch Steward straps - but was a bit worried how well they would work in such a heavy watch - presumably no issues?

I do like those MN straps .

Master
    No issues with the Watch Steward straps but don't go for the cheaper generic MN style straps as the elastic isn't strong enough. Stick with Watch Steward or Erica's Original. My 45mm PO stays put on a Watch Steward with no issues. Currently in summer mode:

Thanks Toddy, will do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro