closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 16 of 116 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League 2023-24

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Chewitt13 View Post
    As a united fan I would get happy to move Maguire on and give a 12 month contract to Johnny Evans as 5th centre back

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
    If West Ham are stupid enough to take on slab head (I’d tell David Sullivan to ask for £210M to take him off Man Utd) they deserve everything they get. And I say that as a lifelong Hammers fan……

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Apparently Newcastle have tabled a £82m bid for Khvicha Kvaratshkelia from Napoli. This guy is world class and is going to be in the top 3 players in the world alongside Mbappe and Haaland. Suspect the bid will need to be doubled and if clubs get wind of the fact that Napoli may sell him there will be a whole host of top clubs vying for his signature.
    I’m not that convinced about this kid Ryan .
    I think he flatters to deceive. Every big game I’ve watched him in , he’s been less than effective. Wether that’s down to the other teams working him out, big game nerves etc etc, I don’t know . But to spurt £100 million plus on him is a big gamble .
    If I was Newcastle, I’d get Mane back in from Munich . If he’s available at £17 million , that’s a no brainer .

I think PL clubs should start to target over the hill Saudi players and offer them crazy contracts. I'm sure Boehly must be thinking about it.

I think PL clubs should start to target over the hill Saudi players and offer them crazy contracts. I'm sure Boehly must be thinking about it.
    Don't joke, we've (man u ) don't have a striker yet and we've got form ....... Calling Jamie vardy

Master
    Ronaldo to Luton?

Quote Originally Posted by Space Traveller View Post
    Right back, Diaby and Johnson (Forest) and we’re good to go. Oh and a replacement back up keeper, as Olsen is the worst keeper I’ve ever seen.
    Both wingers, don't we need a backup striker in case Watkins gets injured? I agree about Olson too.
    "A man of little significance"

Master
    As a united fan I would get happy to move Maguire on and give a 12 month contract to Johnny Evans as 5th centre back
    Evans is currently training at Carrington as he looks for another club...

Master
    Blog Entries
    I guess Fabinho is off but please don’t spunk the money on Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Caicedo surely?

Master
    I don’t think Liverpool can afford Caicedo even with the Fabinho fee.

Liverpool would have to structure the deal over a number of years and have the 40m down as upfront.

I think Caicedo is a very good player but the same as Rice the fee of 100m is ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    I doubt it but you never know as it would boost the number of home grown players

It appears as if Man United , are finally, starting to do some decent business.

I think getting rid of De Gea, was absolutely needed. He is a great shot stopper with his feet, but has no "command" of his area or line whatsoever. Rubbish on crosses, and weak physically. Still he has had a good run, his wages were amazing too..almost 20 million a year?!

Everybody in the world, (apart from those involved in buying new players at the club!), knew that Fred and Mc Tominay were nowhere near good enough. Sure, Fred will run around all day, but absolutely nowhere near the standard of a Man United . Mc Tominay? He has had a few good games, but nowhere near consistent enough...he will run all day as well, not too sure on him, "maybe" he would be better with better players around him? If he goes, I wouldn't be sad, if he stayed? Could be a useful squad player .

Donny Van De Beek? Not shown anything, shame as he was great in Holland, and I rated him. but for many reasons, he has never had a decent run of games to show anything.

Sancho? They were after him for ages! Played great in Germany, but very underwhelming so far at United...seems he has the talent, but not showing it thus far. Then you have players like Elanga, I think he's decent, will he go or will he stay.

Id be really happy to see players such as, Maguire, Fred , Bailly, Telles, Martial etc leave.. (PLEASE PLEASE! let Fred and Martial go!).

If they were to get that Aramybat(not sure on spelling!) Id be most happy! I assume the striker Hojlund will arrive soonish..(even if he does arrive,they will only have one proper number 9.......I dont include Martial, as he is a miserable unsmiling whining waste of talent!).

Im really looking forward to watching Garnacheo next season....I think he is an amazing talent.

Looks like this will be one of the best premier league seasons for a long while!

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    I don’t think Liverpool can afford Caicedo even with the Fabinho fee.

Liverpool would have to structure the deal over a number of years and have the 40m down as upfront.

I think Caicedo is a very good player but the same as Rice the fee of 100m is ridiculous.

Looks like the Gunners have gone in with a £80m bid for Caicedo this morning. Surely that means Partey is off. IMHO Partey is better than Caicedo so that is a downgrade if it happens

Master
    ETH has done a brilliant job in addressing the culture and has been ruthless moved Ronaldo on, DDG great servant but needed to be moved on and the signings have all added to the squad and culture - I particularly like how he has instilled discipline think back to Rashford being dropped and Garnacho being taken down a peg or two as well as striping Maguire of the captaincy all shows he isnt afraid to do it his way

The biggest challenge is clearing the dead wood Ive no doubt ETH sees what we see and will address all the names you mention - oh how I wish some of theese saudi clubs would be in for some of ours but alas getting rid of players on mega contracts is the biggest challenge we face but none of that lies at the managers feet

Just need top get someone running the club who is on the same page now takeover talk is actually boring now

Progress no doubt but still a long job ahead but Im convinced we have the right man in charge

Quote Originally Posted by valleywatch View Post

I think getting rid of De Gea, was absolutely needed. He is a great shot stopper with his feet, but has no "command" of his area or line whatsoever. Rubbish on crosses, and weak physically. Still he has had a good run, his wages were amazing too..almost 20 million a year?!

Everybody in the world, (apart from those involved in buying new players at the club!), knew that Fred and Mc Tominay were nowhere near good enough. Sure, Fred will run around all day, but absolutely nowhere near the standard of a Man United . Mc Tominay? He has had a few good games, but nowhere near consistent enough...he will run all day as well, not too sure on him, "maybe" he would be better with better players around him? If he goes, I wouldn't be sad, if he stayed? Could be a useful squad player .

Donny Van De Beek? Not shown anything, shame as he was great in Holland, and I rated him. but for many reasons, he has never had a decent run of games to show anything.

Sancho? They were after him for ages! Played great in Germany, but very underwhelming so far at United...seems he has the talent, but not showing it thus far. Then you have players like Elanga, I think he's decent, will he go or will he stay.

Id be really happy to see players such as, Maguire, Fred , Bailly, Telles, Martial etc leave.. (PLEASE PLEASE! let Fred and Martial go!).

If they were to get that Aramybat(not sure on spelling!) Id be most happy! I assume the striker Hojlund will arrive soonish..(even if he does arrive,they will only have one proper number 9.......I dont include Martial, as he is a miserable unsmiling whining waste of talent!).

Im really looking forward to watching Garnacheo next season....I think he is an amazing talent.

Looks like this will be one of the best premier league seasons for a long while!
    Last edited by R0bertb00th; 17th July 2023 at 12:40.

Looks like the Gunners have gone in with a £80m bid for Caicedo this morning. Surely that means Partey is off. IMHO Partey is better than Caicedo so that is a downgrade if it happens
    Surely going to need some FFP creative accounting to get that one through having already spent £200M and only recouped £20MM.

Apparently their max budget was £150M so likely some more sales to balance the books needed.

https://sqaf.club/arsenal-ffp/#:~:te...or%202023%2F24.

Quote Originally Posted by smokey99 View Post
    Surely going to need some FFP creative accounting to get that one through having already spent £200M and only recouped £20MM.

Apparently their max budget was £150M so likely some more sales to balance the books needed.

https://sqaf.club/arsenal-ffp/#:~:te...or%202023%2F24.
    I think it's something to do with writing off Covid losses that allows them to do it, combined with extra CL revenues

Getting rid of de Gea and spending £50 ish million on his replacement is not good business in any language .
    Onana went on a free last season .
    The Inter fans we met in Istanbul were happy that he would be replaced . He’s very flakey and if you think DDG s positioning is bad , this bloke will give you kittens .
    And he failed a drug test .

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Getting rid of de Gea and spending £50 ish million on his replacement is not good business in any language .
    The Inter fans we met in Istanbul were happy that he would be replaced . He’s very flakey and if you think DDG s positioning is bad , this bloke will give you kittens .
    Did city not get rid of the current England keeper, bought a replacement, got rid of him after 1 season and bought a second replacement? Was that good business sense?

Master

Premier League 2023-24

Only time will tell I don’t know much about him the manager does and that’s good enough for me, we always pay over the odds not that I care it’s not my money

Does come across as a dig comments like that I’ve never understood the money arguement from fans not as if pep hasn’t brought full back after full back before getting it right

Quote Originally Posted by valleywatch View Post

Amrabat is world-class in my opinion; we were apparently trying to get him last season, but it came to nothing. I think he would be a transformational signing for almost all the Premiership sides, if not all.

Quote Originally Posted by R0bertb00th View Post
    Only time will tell I don’t know much about him the manager does and that’s good enough for me, we always pay over the odds not that I care it’s not my money

Does come across as a dig comments like that I’ve never understood the money arguement from fans not as if pep hasn’t brought full back after full back before getting it right

Wasn’t a dig in the slightest .
    I just think you’ll miss DDG more than you realise now . I really don’t think Onana is good enough .
    Full back after full back ? Even Danilo won two PL s with City , so they’ve all contributed in one way or another .

Master
    Wasn’t a dig in the slightest .
    I just think you’ll miss DDG more than you realise now . I really don’t think Onana is good enough .
    Full back after full back ? Even Danilo won two PL s with City , so they’ve all contributed in one way or another .
    As I said time will tell on the keeper, we’re in transition and ddg didn’t fit with the manager so that’s good enough for me he’s earned the right to shape the team how he wants in my view

My comment was more of a pop back on the value for money as I re iterate I’ve never understood that arguement and it’s not as if pep hasn’t been backed

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by R0bertb00th View Post
    As I said time will tell on the keeper, we’re in transition and ddg didn’t fit with the manager so that’s good enough for me he’s earned the right to shape the team how he wants in my view

My comment was more of a pop back on the value for money as I re iterate I’ve never understood that arguement and it’s not as if pep hasn’t been backed
    De Gea was the absolute best shot stopper in the league for years but, from what I saw last season, he's lot it really so I understand the logic of a change.

Master
    It's gonna be like the Barthez years all over again from what I've seen of Onana.

I'll take your Barthez & give you Massimo Taibi, a.k.a. 'The Blind Venetian'.
    ______

​Jim.

Master
    Onana is terrible and Yernited have had a nightmare in this situation.

To release De Gea and then spend 45m on Onana is absolutely crazy.

Watch how many times this season Yernited conceded from the ball bouncing off Onana.

Master
    Man Utd - HATED ADORED NEVER IGNORED

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Dynam0humm View Post
    Evans is currently training at Carrington as he looks for another club...
    And now Sky Sports are reporting he's signed a short term deal to allow him to go on the pre-season tour.

In January Arsenal had a £70m bid for Caicedo rejected. Today Chelsea have a bid rejected for.....£70m

What about their £106m wonder signing in January who was supposed to do this exact job?

Hendo gone to Saudi, amazing

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Arsenal's player investments have paid off big time with last night's victory in the MLS All Star skills challenge. That's the big one they wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by xxnick1975 View Post
    Hendo gone to Saudi, amazing

Same as Mahrez.

Won't be anyone left soon!

Master
    Interesting how the Saudi clubs are paying well over market rate on weekly wages. But paying at market rate on transfer fees.

You would think it indicates getting money out of the country means real money whereas weekly wages within the country = whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Interesting how the Saudi clubs are paying well over market rate on weekly wages. But paying at market rate on transfer fees.

You would think it indicates getting money out of the country means real money whereas weekly wages within the country = whatever.
    Do they really get paid weekly?

Quote Originally Posted by xxnick1975 View Post
    Do they really get paid weekly?

Apparently Hendersons salary is a lot less that what has been described in the press. With Fabinho off for 40m soon that pretty much leaves only Thiago left from last seasons midfielders, ironically the most injured out of the lot (Apparently he has already turned down a move to either Turkey or Saudi)

To be fair though last season I think the expectation was Fabinho, Henderson, Thiago with Ox, Keita, Millner as back up and the likes of Jones and Elliot in reserve. Problem was the back up was more injured than the first team and Henderson and Thiago were only really good for about a third of a season leaving Fabinho to take all the stick for the midfield poor performance.

Looks like we’re offloading Maxi to Saudi and bringing in Harvey Barnes. Barnes has good numbers but I haven’t seen him play enough to decide whether I’m happy or not.

Arsenal's player investments have paid off big time with last night's victory in the MLS All Star skills challenge. That's the big one they wanted.
    Havertz setting a new record...
    https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/kai-...0be5c86153deba

Talking of quality Chelsea releases:

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has agreed to join Olympique de Marseille on a three-year deal, leaving Chelsea on a free transfer.

The Saudi mob don’t seem interested in Everton players, I wonder why.

I was hoping they might go for Jordan Pickford.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Pox View Post
    Havertz setting a new record...
    https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/kai-...0be5c86153deba

Talking of quality Chelsea releases:

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has agreed to join Olympique de Marseille on a three-year deal, leaving Chelsea on a free transfer.
    Well Havertz is now 1 for 15 on volleys as he scored for Arsenal in their 5-0 victory against the MLS All Stars which is BTW a record victory for a visiting side against the MLS's finest.

https://twitter.com/afcstuff/status/...5CADE17Tw&s=19

Arsenal looked pretty good TBH. Rice and Timber also got minutes.

Cracker from Jesus as well

https://twitter.com/MLS/status/16818...N46SIawHQ&s=19
    Last edited by ryanb741; 20th July 2023 at 05:34.

Well Havertz is now 1 for 15 on volleys as he scored for Arsenal in their 5-0 victory against the MLS All Stars which is BTW a record victory for a visiting side against the MLS's finest.

https://twitter.com/afcstuff/status/...5CADE17Tw&s=19

Arsenal looked pretty good TBH. Rice and Timber also got minutes.

Cracker from Jesus as well

https://twitter.com/MLS/status/16818...N46SIawHQ&s=19
    I think Martin Samuel got it right again .
    With the Arsenal squad as it is , if Pep was in charge , they win the league . Big pressure on Arteta and his squad . They can’t be falling to bits like last season .

I think Martin Samuel got it right again .
    With the Arsenal squad as it is , if Pep was in charge , they win the league . Big pressure on Arteta and his squad . They can’t be falling to bits like last season .
    Yep. They now have the most valuable squad in world football, overtaking Man City. That means Arsenal have the best squad in the world if that statistic is correct. And I agree Pep wins the PL with Arsenal. Ditto Klopp.

Therefore Arteta needs to win something. Personally I think Arsenal will win the PL this year (early prediction that no doubt will get quoted for posterity when Arsenal are 6th in December) because I think they are now levels ahead of Liverpool/United etc that not even Klopp could make the difference and I think/hope this may be a transition period for City and wonder whether the motivation remains as high for all their players.

But what do the bookies think. Without even looking I’m guessing City are odds on favourites. Might be worth bunging a few quid on Arsenal if the odds are good.

The MIL used to put £10 each season on Everton just in case. I did tell her not to waste her money, but I’m sure someone in Leicester did something similar and got a huge payday.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    But what do the bookies think. Without even looking I’m guessing City are odds on favourites. Might be worth bunging a few quid on Arsenal if the odds are good.

The MIL used to put £10 each season on Everton just in case. I did tell her not to waste her money, but I’m sure someone in Leicester did something similar and got a huge payday.
    Bookies have City 5/6, Arsenal 11/2, Liverpool 8/1, Man Utd 14/1

So City far out in front as betting favourites

Master
    Yep. They now have the most valuable squad in world football, overtaking Man City. That means Arsenal have the best squad in the world if that statistic is correct. And I agree Pep wins the PL with Arsenal. Ditto Klopp.

Therefore Arteta needs to win something. Personally I think Arsenal will win the PL this year (early prediction that no doubt will get quoted for posterity when Arsenal are 6th in December) because I think they are now levels ahead of Liverpool/United etc that not even Klopp could make the difference and I think/hope this may be a transition period for City and wonder whether the motivation remains as high for all their players.
    Levels ahead of Liverpool ??????

Come on Ryan, Liverpool had injuries all season to key players.

Back end of the season when people started coming back Liverpool took 25 points from the last 10 games. Arsenal took 15.

Il have you a 50 bet Liverpool finish above Arsenal this season.

I think Arsenal will do well to get top 4.

There’s still only a couple of players that would get into Liverpool or City’s line up.

Back end of the season when people started coming back Liverpool took 25 points from the last 10 games. Arsenal took 15.

There’s still only a couple of players that would get into Liverpool or City’s line up.

I'll take that bet. FR donation.

I'll take that bet. FR donation.
    We're doomed now... we'll go full Chelsea and 'Pool to finish 11th ;)

In other news West Ham beat Spurs 3-2 in a friendly in Perth Australia.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    In other news West Ham beat Spurs 3-2 in a friendly in Perth Australia.
    Good first performance under Ange, and even Moyes said we should have won it. It's clear Ange means it when he describes how he expects us to play (dominating possession, looking to attack at every opportunity, etc.). Just need to wrap up a couple of defensive signings and we'll be good to go.

Master
    Blog Entries

Premier League 2023-24

Liverpool won’t win the Prem this year. I’m hoping for a solid top 4 though and some silverware. I can see them in the Europa final

I’d be interested to see wher Brighton and Villa end up.

Also Luton, Everton and maybe wolves to go down.
    Last edited by Middo; 20th July 2023 at 15:03.