closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 17 of 116 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League 2023-24

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Liverpool won’t win the Prem this year. I’m hoping for a solid top 4 though and some silverware. I can see them in the Europa final

I’d be interested to see wher Brighton and Villa end up.

Also Luton, Everton and maybe wolves to go down.
    Agree, can't see past City and too many changes to the team for them to realistically mount a title challenge.

That said should finish above the most expensive squad in league comfortably.

Reports in that Kane has told Spurs he won't sign a new contract and wants to go to Bayern. Surely now they have to sell him but inevitably drag it to the end of the window until they are left with the dregs or having to overpay.

Mitrovic has apparently told Fulham he wants to go to Saudi and will go on strike and refuse to play for Fulham again if they refuse.

I can see the Saudi money being very unsettling to some lesser players but the top talent wouldn't necessarily earn more there as whilst wages would be higher they would most likely lose out on the more lucrative sponsorship money

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Reports in that Kane has told Spurs he won't sign a new contract and wants to go to Bayern. Surely now they have to sell him but inevitably drag it to the end of the window until they are left with the dregs or having to overpay.
    I’m pretty sure Daniel Levy is on this forum. Someone needs to alert him that his post in this thread has arrived 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Agree and so do most online predictions for the season ahead. I can see Liverpool getting to the Europa final and winning it this year and although there are big changes in the midfield 2 players in early will make a huge difference and Jones has really stepped up. Another purchase in midfield and one in defence is still required.

Apparently next season 5th place will be enough for champions league qualification, I think Newcastle will finish 5th
    Liverpool have got a cracking midfield now .
    The two new guys ( imagine being in the studio when Spitty Carragher is trying to pronounce his name ) , Elliot had a lot of minutes last season, Curtis Jones has the makings of a very good player and even Bajetic (sp?) could be classed as a decent back up this season . I think they’ll happily move on from Henderson and Fabhino.
    Still not sure on Nunez . He can’t be allowed all the “ Oh he missed three sitters but his movement is impressive “ rubbish from last season . He needs to ramp up his finishing.
    I don’t think City will make it as easy as the bookies seem to think.
    Losing Gundogan and Mahrez is huge . Maybe even Walker could follow . That’s a lot of class and experience out the door and very difficult to replace.
    On the plus side, Bernardo seems ready to commit (again) , Gvardiol is getting closer and I’m really excited at Macatee fitting into the squad .
    I think we will gift Arsenal the Community Shield, lose to Burnley and draw with Toon early on .
    Let’s see .

Lol at Chelsea do they actually have their own scouting team? They are trying to hijack Arsenal's bid for Ajax' Mohammed Kudus. Go and find your own overpriced players.

Moussa Diaby is a cracking signing for Villa - they seem to be showing real ambition

Watching Nited v Gooners from Met Life Stadium. First chance to see Declan.

Moussa Diaby is a cracking signing for Villa - they seem to be showing real ambition
    Yep. Him, Tielemans and Pau Torres is superb business so far. I really do think both us and Newcastle are going push the ‘big guns’ all the way this season.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Watching Nited v Gooners from Met Life Stadium. First chance to see Declan.
    Arsenal getting spanked at the moment. United looking good although super dirty though, clearly trying to get Saka injured.

Rice and Havertz have been anonymous

Arsenal have been awful. Rice, Havertz and Martin O have been anonymous. Ramsdale howler for the first but a cracking Sancho finish for the second.

Arsenal getting spanked at the moment. United looking good although super dirty though, clearly trying to get Saka injured.

Rice and Havertz have been anonymous

Arsenal have been awful. Rice, Havertz and Martin O have been anonymous. Ramsdale howler for the first but a cracking Sancho finish for the second.
    Cracking Sancho finish after a Gabriel howler though. That being said Martinelli missed a sitter at 0-0.

Both sides playing strong formations but no Jesus or Rashford yet.

Plastic pitch not helping Arsenal though as they have to take an extra touch being more of a ball playing side vs the long ball approach by United where they look to get it forward over the top at the earliest opportunity
    Last edited by ryanb741; 22nd July 2023 at 23:09.

Havertz off on 70 minutes having done precisely what I expected from him....nowt. Terrible footballer.

Havertz off on 70 minutes having done precisely what I expected from him....nowt. Terrible footballer.
    Was sorry to see the injury to the young United lad Diallo, hopefully nothing serious.

As for Arsenal when they had a midfield of Rice, Odegaard and Havertz they were terrible and you could see they hadn't played together. Once Partey came on for Rice they got control of midfield again.

But that will give United confidence as they looked powerful on the break and Sancho looked more like the Dortmund Sancho.

Havertz looked like the Chelsea Havertz.....

I was watching the game....good game considering it was a friendly....Kai Havertz though? Still early days, but he did look quite poor... Hopefully (for Arsenal fans!) he will show his worth..hopefully (for United and other fans!) he wont...I suspect the latter.

Again, I realise it was just a friendly, but the youngster Mainoo....looks so composed looks to have a great future at United. "Apparently", he isnt going to get loaned out this season either....The future certainly looks brighter under Ten Hag, as opposed to when they were under Ole, Rangnick Mourinnho etc.

As long as Onana lives up to his hype, we get a centre forward, and get Aramabat..I will be a happy bunny!

Quote Originally Posted by valleywatch View Post
    I was watching the game....good game considering it was a friendly....Kai Havertz though? Still early days, but he did look quite poor... Hopefully (for Arsenal fans!) he will show his worth..hopefully (for United and other fans!) he wont...I suspect the latter.

Again, I realise it was just a friendly, but the youngster Mainoo....looks so composed looks to have a great future at United. "Apparently", he isnt going to get loaned out this season either....The future certainly looks brighter under Ten Hag, as opposed to when they were under Ole, Rangnick Mourinnho etc.

As long as Onana lives up to his hype, we get a centre forward, and get Aramabat..I will be a happy bunny!
    As I've said above, Amrabat would be a transformational signing. I wish we'd managed to snag him when we were apparently close to doing so this time last year.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    As I've said above, Amrabat would be a transformational signing. I wish we'd managed to snag him when we were apparently close to doing so this time last year.
    Must be honest.

Never really heard of him, until the World Cup that is!

For me, he was one of the players of the tournament, only surprise is? He isnt more expensive? Ive read he wants to go to Barcelona though?

If United get him? he will be a MASSIVE upgrade from Fred..thats for sure!

Master
    Classy

https://twitter.com/maxmufc7/status/...1RpxbC_Hw&s=08

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    Classy

https://twitter.com/maxmufc7/status/...1RpxbC_Hw&s=08

The irony of a Liverpool supporter calling out Arsenal fans (who will almost certainly be Americans) for violence is not lost on me!

#mustbeascouserthing
    Last edited by ryanb741; 23rd July 2023 at 17:05.

Master
    The irony of a Liverpool supporter calling out Arsenal fans (who will almost certainly be Americans) for violence is not lost on me!
    Oh yes certainly American, as the English would never do such thing.

Everton fifth. Does that mean we qualify for a Europa slot for clubs with banning orders

No surprise that the scum at Small Heath are top, easily the worst set of supporters in world football.

It appears you were right after all Ryan.
    Teams have worked Haaland out . It took him 3 touches today before he scored. I’d bin him and take a punt on Weghorst.

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Teams have worked Haaland out . It took him 3 touches today before he scored. I’d bin him and take a punt on Weghorst.
    I watched highlights of that game vs Yokohama. City were 2-0 down funnily enough. I was surprised to see Cancelo playing.

Another game I watched highlights of was Chelsea vs Brighton, Chelsea won 4-3 although Brighton had a man Sent off at 1-1. But the new Brighton signing Joao Pedro was the best player on the pitch. Mudryk scored a banger for Chelsea as well.

I watched highlights of that game vs Yokohama. City were 2-0 down funnily enough. I was surprised to see Cancelo playing.

Another game I watched highlights of was Chelsea vs Brighton, Chelsea won 4-3 although Brighton had a man Sent off at 1-1. But the new Brighton signing Joao Pedro was the best player on the pitch. Mudryk scored a banger for Chelsea as well.
    Cancelo is a fantastic footballer . His attitude “ apparently “ is at odds with City’s management.
    Let’s see .
    There’s a £60 million footballer in there that needs shifting . Maybe Todd Bohely was in the crowd .

Then bagged with his 4th touch. Nunez definitely better though. Lol.

Cancelo is a fantastic footballer . His attitude “ apparently “ is at odds with City’s management.
    Let’s see .
    There’s a £60 million footballer in there that needs shifting . Maybe Todd Bohely was in the crowd .
    No doubting his talent but clearly his attitude might have had something to do with Bayern sending him back. Just seen the sublime pass he made for Haaland in the friendly in Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    No doubting his talent but clearly his attitude might have had something to do with Bayern sending him back. Just seen the sublime pass he made for Haaland in the friendly in Japan.
    I can't get on board with the fantastic footballer stuff. I called him out a long time ago as a full back that a half-decent winger regularly walked past. He's appalling in defence. I got into all manner of rows with City fans, online, in person, at the matches. I think he is awful. He made 2 extraordinary outside of the foot passes for goals, brilliant yes, but the rest was crap. As for the poison...just look at the evidence. Lol. City lost 1 game after Pep fucked him off and that was because they were half-arsing it prior to Istanbul.

He needs to piss off. He's toxic.

Villa 1 - Geordies 0

Not a bad match and interesting to see Emory play five or six academy players for most of the second half. 3-3 was a fair result.
    "A man of little significance"

Very scrappy second half with all the changes, but I think we had the better chances.

Master
    Manchester United have secured their first title for 23/24: the worst new shirt. And they’ve absolutely smashed it.

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/manchester-united-and-adidas-launch-2023-24-away-kit

He is awful, no idea why Arteta wanted him, we have enough players in his position.

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Manchester United have secured their first title for 23/24: the worst new shirt. And they’ve absolutely smashed it.

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/manchester-united-and-adidas-launch-2023-24-away-kit

I quite like it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I quite like it.
    I think it’s some form of optical illusion to confuse opponents.

Last edited by David_D; 24th July 2023 at 11:14.

Some sort of 'Dazzle Ships' concept, perhaps?

Celtic's new kit (also from Adidas) is terrible.

It looks as if the colours have run in the wash.
    ______

​Jim.

Master
    The United one is terrible, but I quite like the Celtic one

I showed by wee lad the United one at the weekend and he said no thanks

He's 4

Al Hilal have made a £259m bid for Mbappe

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66291108

Not to be outdone, Arsenal have offered £300m, £10m paid up front, a further £10m based on Mbappe's performances (specifically saving 10 penalties across the season and scoring 9 tries) and then £1m each year for the next 280 years. Fingers crossed!

Christ those kits are enough to bring on a migraine, is that the idea, dazzle the opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Christ those kits are enough to bring on a migraine, is that the idea, dazzle the opponents.
    Well they certainly won’t be dazzled by the quality of the football

I think it’s some form of optical illusion to confuse opponents.

Has nobody told him that fat people shouldn't wear stripes?

Master

Premier League 2023-24

Saint Maximin to Al Ahli for a reported £30m / €35m euros - same price as Mahrez.

Nothing to see here - FFP rock solid as ever.

Fabinho deal off unless he can take his dogs.

Henderson will use his time in Saudi to continue promoting womens rights and other equality issues (just made that up - turns out we’re on our own after all).

And €300m euros to PSG for one year of Mbappe? (and €13m euros a week). Makes Declan Rice look cheap. (not really).

This is the silliest summer ever. The start of the season can only be an anti-climax.

Blog Entries
    PSG accept world-record £259m bid for Mbappe
    Paris Saint-Germain have accepted Al Hilal's world-record £259m bid to sign Kylian Mbappe.
    The French champions have given the Saudi club permission to speak to Mbappe after putting him up for sale and leaving him out of their squad for the pre-season tour of Japan and South Korea having made it clear they only want to include players who are committed to the club.

Daniel Levy is thinking about upping it and Bohly probably will.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    PSG accept world-record £259m bid for Mbappe
    Paris Saint-Germain have accepted Al Hilal's world-record £259m bid to sign Kylian Mbappe.
    The French champions have given the Saudi club permission to speak to Mbappe after putting him up for sale and leaving him out of their squad for the pre-season tour of Japan and South Korea having made it clear they only want to include players who are committed to the club.

Daniel Levy is thinking about upping it and Bohly probably will.
    Playing the politics by the sounds of it.
    He has said he doesn’t want to go there.
    But the. Again apparently they are going to offer him 100s of millions per annum. So who knows.stay there a year or two if they then allow him to exit to Madrid.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilT View Post
    Saint Maximin to Al Ahli for a reported £30m / €35m euros - same price as Mahrez.

Nothing to see here - FFP rock solid as ever.
    Saint Maximin 26 with 3 years left on his contract, Mahrez 32 with 1 year left may have something to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by wotsthecrack View Post
    Saint Maximin 26 with 3 years left on his contract, Mahrez 32 with 1 year left may have something to do with it.
    English clubs pay 70 million or more for players from Portugal, Belgium, Holland etc then double or triple the wages they had in those countries, thats a ok. Saudis outspend English clubs and pay more in wages, howling and gnashing of teeth, screams of human rights and breaches of FFP.

Arsenal have just paid over 100 million for Declan Rice, lets just put this into perspective, he has won a trophy thats lower than the Europa League and plays for a club that was fighting relegation yet nobody bats an eyelid. Some Saudi club goes out and buys a player and its clearly some corrupt backhander.

Arabs buy English club, retain English board members, have no say in running of club = Good Arabs.

Arabs buy players from European leagues pay them more than they would get in Europe and players happy to move = Bad Arabs.

People just need to get over it and get used to the fact we are not the big fish anymore.

I'm not sure the FFP even comes into it. The bigger issue (if you can bring yourself to care about the Saudi league) is that the PIF owns the top three clubs, effectively they're just buying players and distributing them to whenever club they fancy. It's another Saudi attempt at sports washing... trying to create some sort of distraction from the multitude of issues the country has.

Financial Fair Play is a complete irrelevance.

Personally I'd rather their money was nowhere near us, but that ship sailed many years ago.

I don't understand any of it, revenue of a big top four club is say, £450m - £600m, they win the league, they add maybe £20m to it, win the champs league, say another £40m, mbappe is on £100m a year........

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Master

Premier League 2023-24

Quote Originally Posted by Meesterbond View Post
    The bigger issue (if you can bring yourself to care about the Saudi league) is that the PIF owns the top four clubs and Newcastle
    FTFY