closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Micro Adjustment Clasp

Craftsman

Micro Adjustment Clasp

Annoyingly I'm in between holes on the strap of my Panerai. It's a pin and buckle strap which I quite like, the ideal solution would be to swap the buckle for a deployant clasp. I'm wondering if one exists that has micro adjustment, glidelock or planet ocean style where you press and slide over notches.

I'm not bothered about it being branded. I replaced the clasp on my Seamaster with a Planet Ocean micro adjustable one and it made it so much more wearable. Hoping for a solution for the Panerai!

Thanks

Just a thought on the strap. I’ve had that before and sometimes it works if you can put up with the tighter fitting and let the strap stretch a bit over a few days or if you have WR on the watch wet the strap and let it dry on your wrist.

Craftsman
    That’s interesting, thanks. I’ll try that

Master
    Formex do a deployant with micro adjust, it works quite well.

Master
    https://formexwatch.com/accessories/...ne-adjustment/

Or they used to do a butterfly deployant with adjustment, I have one, sold one to rev-O who I think sold it on again.... can't see it on the former site though

Craftsman
    To conclude this thread, in case anyone ever finds it useful -

I bought a Formex clasp, very good service and arrived recorded delivery in a few days. Formex do some straps as well but nothing 24mm at the lugs which is what the Pam needs. I also really like the stock strap so wanted something as close as possible.

Enter David at the Strap Tailor. I gave him the measurements and chose the blue croc which is very close to the original.

Results are below, the strap is excellent and so is the clasp. You press one side of the release buttons which ratchets the clasp out by a mil or so a time, you can also kind of pinch the two sides of the strap together to ratchet it back in. You can adjust in and out without taking the watch off, or even undoing the clasp.

I like it so much I’ve commissioned another strap and clasp for another of my watches.

Looks great. I’ve always been tempted with one of their clasps but my straps are 18mm at the buckle and I’m never sure which model of theirs will fit.

Does the clasp have two holes for the strap which need to be appropriately spaced or just one hole like most of my current omega style clasps?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ped View Post
    Looks great. I’ve always been tempted with one of their clasps but my straps are 18mm at the buckle and I’m never sure which model of theirs will fit.

Does the clasp have two holes for the strap which need to be appropriately spaced or just one hole like most of my current omega style clasps?
    I believe it would be this one https://formexwatch.com/accessories/...ne-adjustment/

The measurements you need are on that page, it does have two pegs for holes in the strap which need to be 7.5mm apart. That page has a nice animation which explains it.

Quote Originally Posted by matt666 View Post
    I believe it would be this one https://formexwatch.com/accessories/...ne-adjustment/

The measurements you need are on that page, it does have two pegs for holes in the strap which need to be 7.5mm apart. That page has a nice animation which explains it.
    Thanks, somehow I missed that part!! I might give one a go then.