closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 30 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,500 of 5802

Thread: Premier League 2023-24

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Absolutely zero chance that is true. Else Foden would be an England starter surely ahead of Saka.

Saka is England's best player.
    Your barometer is a bloke who still picks Harry Maguire at Centre Half .

We lost to the best club side on the planet. They’re unreal. While Pep is there we won’t see anything other than total domination. Sometimes you just have to acknowledge greatness.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    We lost to the best club side on the planet. They’re unreal. While Pep is there we won’t see anything other than total domination. Sometimes you just have to acknowledge greatness.
    If Callum Wilson had his wits about him when there was a 3 on 1 situation in the 2nd half you'd have been celebrating a draw.

Master
    Hello? Anybody there?

You realise that it’s actually Brighton who are top of the league today.

De Zerbi to be at Real Madrid/PSG/Chelsea/Newcastle/Al whatever by Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by PhilT View Post
    Hello? Anybody there?

You realise that it’s actually Brighton who are top of the league today.

De Zerbi to be at Real Madrid/PSG/Chelsea/Newcastle/Al whatever by Christmas
    Sshhhhh
    Ryan will be regaling us with stories of growing up at The Goldstone Ground if he finds out

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Man City lickspittle

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by smokey99 View Post
    It was tight as expected but felt we could have been braver with the ball when the opportunities came.

City controlled it well enough without exerting themselves. The fact we kept your XG so low is something to take from the game.

Bruno and Miggy are poor at this level i.e. against the best, which is interesting to observe. But we were better with Wilson and Barnes who are more direct.

Game against LFC will be a fascinating contest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Newcastle should be beating Liverpool at home if they are going to do anything this season, we have been very poor defensively so far this season. Great time to play us.

Master
    Classic Pickford

Gary O Neil will be somewhat interested in that penalty decision for Villa

Quote Originally Posted by PhilT View Post
    Classic Pickford
    He’s the bestest goalie because he always starts for England .
    Am I doing this right ?

Master
    Everton are absolutely shit.

They look even worse than last year.

There only hope is that Luton, Shef United and another are worse this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post

There only hope is that Luton, Shef United and Manchester United are worse this year.

Edited for you

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Watching the game yesterday Newcastle seemed to be running out of ideas towards the end of the game and I think if City had really wanted to go at them they would have struggled. A lot will depend on if the red card against MacAllister is upheld or not. If not Bajcetic is back fit and playing and there is every chance Thiago will be back by then.

A lot of the criticism of Liverpool has been a bit ott from last season, we had Ox, Keita, Henderson, Thiago missing much of the season with Fab our only fully fit midfielder for much of the season so its no wonder teams were cutting through us putting pressure on the defense. We seemed to have gained a lot more balance now and Endo is going to make a big difference especially as his past record suggests he is rarely injured.
    I am more worried about how Bournemouth cut through us at will for the first 10 min yesterday, perhaps I am overreacting but it was worrying

Master
    Not overreacting at all it was a complete shambles.

Does anyone remember last season when Chelsea dominated games but their lack of a clinical number 9 cost them games?

Master
    Caicedo has had a shocker there

Does anyone remember last season when Chelsea dominated games but their lack of a clinical number 9 cost them games?
    They look absolute sh*t from where I’m sitting, and by the time they sort themselves out it’ll be far too late for a meaningful challenge.

As a united fan I'd like to thank boehly......

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    They look absolute sh*t from where I’m sitting, and by the time they sort themselves out it’ll be far too late for a meaningful challenge.
    Tony can only agree v disappointed never expected miracles but maybe for a billion we can get 11th this season
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    Tony can only agree v disappointed never expected miracles but maybe for a billion we can get 11th this season
    Sorry mate, it must feel like a bad dream right now. However, throwing another £300+m at the problem wasn’t what was needed IMO. I actually feel sorry for Poch- what a mess he’s walked into .

Chelsea billionaires beaten by five bob West Ham!

Fancy paying £115 million to come on and give away a penalty!
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Chelsea billionaires beaten by five bob West Ham!

Fancy paying £115 million to come on and give away a penalty!
    Not to mention a different £100m player missing their own pen

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post

There only hope is that Luton, Shef United and another are worse this year.

I doubt that. They are a shambles of a club no direction or management, even the kit man of 40 years as retired to get away he is that embarrassed.

I didn’t think Chelsea were that bad. On another day , they could’ve scored a couple more. They are definitely disjointed and shoehorning players in the team will never work . It’ll come good. The manager and the players will eventually work it out .
    I agree that it’ll be too late for the title but they will be a solid bet for a cup or two .
    I thought Sterling was excellent .
    Take nothing away from West Ham though. They were all superb , never more so than when they went down to ten .

Master
    I’m same as you the goat. Thought Chelsea looked good in patches and completely dominated possession.

Jackson looks good upfront too, think he will be a real players when he’s got some games under his belt in the prem.

Absolutely zero chance that is true. Else Foden would be an England starter surely ahead of Saka.

Saka is England's best player.
    England? You mean that manager with that love of his for Maguire and Pickford. Lol.

Sorry mate, it must feel like a bad dream right now. However, throwing another £300+m at the problem wasn’t what was needed IMO. I actually feel sorry for Poch- what a mess he’s walked into .
    Boehly did the same when he bought a stake in the Dodgers. My guess is he knows he’s going to fall foul of PL FFP and, if they make top 4 will have UEFA FFP to worry about, so he’s splashing the cash now knowing the benefits will probably outweigh the possible penalties.

How that equates to performance on the pitch remains to be seen and if Poch manages to get Chelsea in the top 4 it will be some achievement.

Master
    Greenwood leaving Man Utd

Master
    I guess United found trying to reintegrate him into the team, which they clearly had a desire to do would bring about too much blowback.

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    Greenwood leaving Man Utd
    Tricky one, he has legally done nothing wrong, but then everyone has heard the audio which is very wrong. I believe he has the same girlfriend and now a child.

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    I guess United found trying to reintegrate him into the team, which they clearly had a desire to do would bring about too much blowback.

Best decision for both parties.

I strongly suspect they did the sums and worked out it was probably cheaper to support him financially outside of Old Trafford than risk the loss income as a result of keeping him.

Master
    Yes soft penalty if I am being honest. Very fortunate. Diaz goal was wonderful and Mitoma’s Messiesque finish in the other game was sublime.

Szoboszlai looks a lovely player but I hope he isn't going to be yet another that goes down like he's been shot at the merest touch, that dive deserved a BAFTA!. Interesting contrast to Mitoma who fairly stayed on his feet (twice!) when many would have felt the shirt tug and launched into a forward swan dive....

Blog Entries
    DCL fractured cheekbone - on the sidelines again.

He has no luck with injuries !

z

Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    Tricky one, he has legally done nothing wrong, but then everyone has heard the audio which is very wrong. I believe he has the same girlfriend and now a child.
    As much as I believe in 'innocent until proven guilty ' and also young people doing bad things but having the opportunity to learn from their mistakes, I would have found it very difficult as a United supporter to clap when he came onto the pitch or cheer when he scored a goal.

I've only read the statement on the club website but it's not 100% clear to me that he's leaving the club.

"Rebuilding his career away from Old Trafford" could mean a loan (or a series of loans) with an eventual return. I don't think it does and I hope it doesn't but these kind of statements are very carefully worded and if he is leaving the club I would have expected that to be more clearly stated.

Master
    Still under contract until 2025, so not wanting to let him go on a free.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    As much as I believe in 'innocent until proven guilty ' and also young people doing bad things but having the opportunity to learn from their mistakes, I would have found it very difficult as a United supporter to clap when he came onto the pitch or cheer when he scored a goal.

I've only read the statement on the club website but it's not 100% clear to me that he's leaving the club.

"Rebuilding his career away from Old Trafford" could mean a loan (or a series of loans) with an eventual return. I don't think it does and I hope it doesn't but these kind of statements are very carefully worded and if he is leaving the club I would have expected that to be more clearly stated.
    Who wrote that bloody statement
    Ryan Giggs ?
    I honestly thought he was going to be unceremoniously booted out of the club . I guess I should’ve known better .

Partey at right back again? Gabriel on the bench? Has Arteta been sniffing glue?

He’s on the bench because he’s leaving for Saudi.

Partey at right back again? Gabriel on the bench? Has Arteta been sniffing glue?

Master
    Harsh that but only has himself to blame for that stupid time wasting yellow.

More shameful referring. Ayew on a yellow pulls back Saka, no 2nd yellow. Tomiyasu on a yellow doesn't pull back Ayew. 2nd yellow.

hoping Place do the business. unlucky with that sending off but that’s what happens when you dick around time wasting with 35 mins still to go.

Another embarrassment from a referee. How is Havertz not booked for that shirt pull?

More shameful referring. Ayew on a yellow pulls back Saka, no 2nd yellow. Tomiyasu on a yellow doesn't pull back Ayew. 2nd yellow.

Mentality monsters .

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Mentality monsters .
    It's performances and results like this that will make us champions in April again.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    DCL fractured cheekbone - on the sidelines again.

He has no luck with injuries !

z
    Bet his modelling agent is fuming

Master
    Harsh that but only has himself to blame for that stupid time wasting yellow.

If you are referring to Tomyisu, the Sky commentator said he had/held onto ball for 8 seconds before releasing it.

I don't get what Arteta is trying to do, he must realise by now that Kai is terrible but insists on playing him, which then forces Partney to be right back! Just drop kai, play Partney in CM and move Rice into a more forward position, Tomy at right back and Tierney at left back. His tactics are all over the place, yes we won but it was not that great of a performance. Kai was dreadful again, just does not add anything to the team, I cant remember him doing anything in the match.

Even as an Arsenal fan the over celebrating is really grating on me, Gabriel blocked a player and let the ball go out, standard defending and he's jumping around and shouting like he just won the world cup! its painful to watch. Every time Ramsdale got the ball everyone is celebrating, its just so OTT. I appreciate Arteta is trying to create a winning mentality but this isn't the way.

Also, worst red card decision I have ever seen, terrible Ref.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by classics View Post
    If you are referring to Tomyisu, the Sky commentator said he had/held onto ball for 8 seconds before releasing it.
    They totally missed the point though. Tomyisu ran over to take the throw in after it had already taken 15 seconds and then delayed further. Think of it in terms of whether it would be OK if the whole side systematically queued up to have their own 8 seconds before passing it on to the next player, there's a fair window for a team to take the throw in and fall outside of that, the person in charge of the ball is the one that rightly gets punished.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreatdogwood View Post
    They totally missed the point though. Tomyisu ran over to take the throw in after it had already taken 15 seconds and then delayed further. Think of it in terms of whether it would be OK if the whole side systematically queued up to have their own 8 seconds before passing it on to the next player, there's a fair window for a team to take the throw in and fall outside of that, the person in charge of the ball is the one that rightly gets punished.
    This is a coached tactic though, which I can’t understand - if you have aspirations to be a top football club why do you need to build time wasting into the team talk? Just dribble to the corner and keep the ball there for the last 35 minutes. Or how about scoring another goal?

Anyway I’m sure it was a great match but I was watching the athletics. I mean - Crystal Palace v Arsenal (and the main talking point was a yellow card). Just saying.

I thought Havertz was quite good yesterday, gave us a focal point and held the ball up well. I feel sorry for Trossard though, he is a much better player than Havertz. Rice was excellent.

Also a win at Palace under the lights is always a brilliant result. 1st home defeat for Woy, we were very comfortable until the red but being realistic comparing us and City, City control the game much better than we do currently so still plenty to iron out.

Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    I don't get what Arteta is trying to do, he must realise by now that Kai is terrible but insists on playing him, which then forces Partney to be right back! Just drop kai, play Partney in CM and move Rice into a more forward position, Tomy at right back and Tierney at left back. His tactics are all over the place, yes we won but it was not that great of a performance. Kai was dreadful again, just does not add anything to the team, I cant remember him doing anything in the match.

Even as an Arsenal fan the over celebrating is really grating on me, Gabriel blocked a player and let the ball go out, standard defending and he's jumping around and shouting like he just won the world cup! its painful to watch. Every time Ramsdale got the ball everyone is celebrating, its just so OTT. I appreciate Arteta is trying to create a winning mentality but this isn't the way.

Also, worst red card decision I have ever seen, terrible Ref.
    Last edited by ryanb741; 22nd August 2023 at 10:32.