closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: DHL

Master
    Blog Entries

DHL

I recently returned a watch to Holland for warranty repairs .Bought from said dealer post brexit,so import duties paid.Watch repaired it was returned to me ,so far so good.Today I get a demand from DHL for more import duties for the same watch.They are instant this bill must be paid,robbing barstewards.

Is there not a declaration form you and the watch company complete to state it’s going back for repairs and VAT has already been paid? I have a watch that needs to go back to Germany soon and that was my understanding.

Journeyman
    This article is a good summary of what is needed.
    https://www.reading.ac.uk/estates/ca...at-information

Unless DHL know in advance exactly what the situation is, with all the correct paperwork, then they will simply pay the charges on your behalf - then chase you for it.

They are not "robbing" you. They have already paid the import VAT. They are trying to "recover" it from you. Their additional fees for doing so are close to robbery, but that's another matter.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by b-rad View Post
    This article is a good summary of what is needed.
    https://www.reading.ac.uk/estates/ca...at-information

Unless DHL know in advance exactly what the situation is, with all the correct paperwork, then they will simply pay the charges on your behalf - then chase you for it.

They are not "robbing" you. They have already paid the import VAT. They are trying to "recover" it from you. Their additional fees for doing so are close to robbery, but that's another matter.
    Right ,not sure what Ace put on the return form.Looks like I’ll be paying twice.