closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Land Rover and storm Babet on Instagram

Blog Entries

Land Rover and storm Babet on Instagram

One of my kids showed me this. 300 Tdi I think? The Landy is up to its eyebrows in the water at it keeps on going. The snorkel saves the day

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cypr2Rht2YR/

Blog Entries
    Snorkel + diesel - electronics = sorted.

Master
    Good.going that, thought the snorkel was more for dust etc not water but good to see😁

Master
    Assume the cabin will not be too dry though??

Quote Originally Posted by alas58 View Post
    Assume the cabin will not be too dry though??
    Yes, can't be easy driving with water up to your chest. Can't imagine it ended well.

Land Rover and storm Babet on Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy View Post
    Good.going that, thought the snorkel was more for dust etc not water but good to seeðŸ˜
    It is…he got lucky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Franky Four Fingers; 5th November 2023 at 14:46.

Blog Entries
    I know little about Land Rovers. Was this guy lucky or was it a well-executed plan? 'No electronics' but still enough electrics and connectors that are queueing up to fail... And if they don't fail right away, some may in the nearest future(?)

Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    I know little about Land Rovers. Was this guy lucky or was it a well-executed plan? 'No electronics' but still enough electrics and connectors that are queueing up to fail... And if they don't fail right away, some may in the nearest future(?)
    The military had a waterproofed version that could wade really high but that had serious waterproofing, doubt thats got that. Looks like he's chucked a raised air-intake on the side and went for it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    The military had a waterproofed version that could wade really high but that had serious waterproofing, doubt thats got that. Looks like he's chucked a raised air-intake on the side and went for it.
    Maybe, maybe not, I have a couple of friends who do extreme off-roading and regularly wade with the water over the bonnet...but they have invested in appropriate snorkels etc.

My late lamented TD5 had a snorkel that looked pretty waterproof, but I never tried it...in any case on the Td5 the ECU is under the driver's seat so unless you go to a lot of effort to waterproof that's your limit.

TLDR...most snorkels are cosmetic, some aren't!

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    Maybe, maybe not, I have a couple of friends who do extreme off-roading and regularly wade with the water over the bonnet...but they have invested in appropriate snorkels etc.

My late lamented TD5 had a snorkel that looked pretty waterproof, but I never tried it...in any case on the Td5 the ECU is under the driver's seat so unless you go to a lot of effort to waterproof that's your limit.

TLDR...most snorkels are cosmetic, some aren't!
    As far as i was aware theres no such thing as an appropriate snorkel that will guarantee going above the recommended wading depth of any LR model. As i said the military ones were sealed to death but have never seen any genuine or aftermarket raised intakes that would guarantee this. My guess is that they have simply sealed the things up with copious amounts of sealer and left it to Lady Luck.

I’d like to have seen them trying to start it the following morning!

Blog Entries
    Plenty of videos of extreme wading - as long as the snorkel is properly fitted and sealed, then you're OK. As with anything like this, there's always an element of risk.

Just a few that came up....(mind the language btw)

https://youtu.be/BiTKh9R1BhI?si=PR9wZ7luar-0sgz6

https://youtube.com/shorts/fbT8UlDNj..._442wU2I7q9gON

I didn't know Toyota made a submarine version of the Landcruiser....

https://youtube.com/shorts/RvcP6louy...vvjX78k3sof9hl