closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Dublin Riot

Master

Dublin Riot

The Garda are laying the blame for this on 'far right extremists' and also say that they cannot rule out a terrorism connection to the knife attack that caused the riot. One thing they have been very quiet on is the man they are holding for the knife attack, or the reason behind it, and nothing has come out via the Irish Media either. I am wondering if this is prohibited by Irish law, or whether they are deliberately withholding the info, fearful that it might cause further unrest amongst the people involved in the rioting. But perhaps I am reading something that's not there into the problem....

There has been a lot of unrest over the sparsity of housing in Dublin recently and some are laying the blame at least in part on the immigration numbers, and youth unemployment is also a serious issue in Dublin at present. Now I'm sure that I am not the only one to see the same isues here in the UK and think it's only a matter of time before we see something serious happens here.

Blog Entries
    Possibly one for the pit?

Meanwhile

I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Certainly one for the BP.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by Barryboy View Post
    The Garda are laying the blame for this on 'far right extremists' and also say that they cannot rule out a terrorism connection to the knife attack that caused the riot. One thing they have been very quiet on is the man they are holding for the knife attack, or the reason behind it, and nothing has come out via the Irish Media either. I am wondering if this is prohibited by Irish law, or whether they are deliberately withholding the info, fearful that it might cause further unrest amongst the people involved in the rioting. But perhaps I am reading something that's not there into the problem....

There has been a lot of unrest over the sparsity of housing in Dublin recently and some are laying the blame at least in part on the immigration numbers, and youth unemployment is also a serious issue in Dublin at present. Now I'm sure that I am not the only one to see the same isues here in the UK and think it's only a matter of time before we see something serious happens here.
    Bear pit - we don't do politics in George and Dragon.

Master
    Ah... I inadvertently posted in the wrong forum. Thought I was putting it up.in the Bear Pit. Mea Culpa!

Hope I haven't offended/upset/trampled on the sensitivities of anyone.

Craftsman
    Eiks! It’s so disgraceful!