closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anyone have a Volvo XC60 PHEV ?

Blog Entries

Anyone have a Volvo XC60 PHEV ?

Looking for any ownership experience thoughts on the XC60 PHEV. In particular real world EV range and day to day liveability, or not! Anything you really like about it and would you have another one kind of thing. Thanks in advance.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Master
    Love mine xc60 inscription pretty quick 0-60 5.8 secs comfy ride best seats ever not got the negative merc\audi/bmw image but has the build quality had a few software glitches but they have disappeared with updates I get 23 miles of electric a lot less in this weather though

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael 38 View Post
    Love mine xc60 inscription pretty quick 0-60 5.8 secs comfy ride best seats ever not got the negative merc\audi/bmw image but has the build quality had a few software glitches but they have disappeared with updates I get 23 miles of electric a lot less in this weather though
    Thanks. Might be looking to change F-Pace PHEV and looking at alternatives.

Master
    Why are you getting rid of the jag must be a very similar car to the Volvo ? The latest xc60s have a bigger battery and improved range

^ Insurance?

Blog Entries
    They are similar in performance, I like the idea of the improved EV range. Have to decide whether to keep the Jag a bit longer or move it on while it still has reasonable trade in value. Looking around at the PHEV parc and not much is appealing. Thought the Volvo had possibilities, only downside I see is too many controls on touchscreen, AC etc. Jag seem to have altered the specs you can get on the F Pace quite a bit. Like the look of the Velar PHEV.

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    They are similar in performance, I like the idea of the improved EV range. Have to decide whether to keep the Jag a bit longer or move it on while it still has reasonable trade in value. Looking around at the PHEV parc and not much is appealing. Thought the Volvo had possibilities, only downside I see is too many controls on touchscreen, AC etc. Jag seem to have altered the specs you can get on the F Pace quite a bit. Like the look of the Velar PHEV.
    I don't have an XC60 but I do have a V60 CC that has the same touch screen. It's a pain in the bum to use on the move, as you have multiple screens that you swipe between. When you're moving and your finger is jiggling about, half the time the car thinks you're trying to swipe when all you really want to do is prod and select. That said, you can use voice control to tell the thing what you want to do. That is a bit hit and miss though if you have a Scottish accent.

While on the subject of things that don't work well, the XC60 has the same steering wheel design as mine. The buttons are really easy to press when you don't intend to. I'm forever changing the radio channel when manoevering to park.

Apart from those 2 things it's a brilliant go anywhere car.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Incredible Sulk View Post
    I don't have an XC60 but I do have a V60 CC that has the same touch screen. It's a pain in the bum to use on the move, as you have multiple screens that you swipe between. When you're moving and your finger is jiggling about, half the time the car thinks you're trying to swipe when all you really want to do is prod and select. That said, you can use voice control to tell the thing what you want to do. That is a bit hit and miss though if you have a Scottish accent.

While on the subject of things that don't work well, the XC60 has the same steering wheel design as mine. The buttons are really easy to press when you don't intend to. I'm forever changing the radio channel when manoevering to park.

Apart from those 2 things it's a brilliant go anywhere car.
    To be honest I don't like demister/fan/AC controls on a touch screen.

Blog Entries
    Thought it was a good idea to look at some different manufacturers but there doesn't seem to be a lot of choice with similar performance and 'fixtures and fittings'.