closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Free mobile calls while in the EU (France)?

Free mobile calls while in the EU (France)?

My EE contract states the below, would that mean I can call/text the UK free from the EU ? I'm not sure if its for me to ring the EU or both and trying to speak to EE to ask is not easy due to them being busy, TIA.

Calls
    Unlimited EU & UK Voice 0:00 mins Unlimited
    Texts
    Unlimited UK & EU Texts 0 texts Unlimited
    Last edited by TheTigerUK; 9th December 2023 at 16:08.

Calls and texts are included and work both ways, but probably not the data, so if you do any web browsing, email, maps or anything on your phone, you'll be asked to bend over.

Might be worth getting a Sim-only 1 month deal if you're likely to do any of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Calls and texts are included and work both ways, but probably not the data, so if you do any web browsing, email, maps or anything on your phone, you'll be asked to bend over.

Might be worth getting a Sim-only 1 month deal if you're likely to do any of the above.
    Here's some info for EE on that - looks like it depends on the date when the contract was purchased (usefully muddy):

https://ee.co.uk/help/mobile/roaming/eu-roaming-charges

For some providers it's still free for data and minutes etc. (although often capped).

One thing I found with Three when abroad was that calling the UK from the EU was not free. But calling somewhere in the EU when in the EU was free. Also the list of countries that each provider deem as EU is not standardised.

You have to be so very careful with each provider as it's often as clear as mud.

I’m with EE and everything in EU (including data) is included in normal allowance though, as above, may depend upon when contract started.

Thanks all, I shall try again next week to talk to them.

When did you sign your contract? If before July 2021, you’ll be able to use your Uk allowances for free. If after, there would be a daily charge (£2 ish)

Not as helpful as I would like it to be but O2 has free EU roaming capped at your contract or 20 GB per month (whichever is smaller). As for calls, calls or texts from your mobile to the UK when you’re in the EU are free but calling a French number is charged, although you can have an add-on that reduces it greatly.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by josep View Post
    When did you sign your contract? If before July 2021, you’ll be able to use your Uk allowances for free. If after, there would be a daily charge (£2 ish)
    Thanks for that, just checked, 11 June 2021, thats sorted then.

ps: Can I also use my data ?

Quote Originally Posted by TheTigerUK View Post
    Thanks for that, just checked, 11 June 2021, thats sorted then.

ps: Can I also use my data ?
    Yes you can.

edit - may be capped at 50GB if contract greater than this.
    Last edited by Kingstepper; 9th December 2023 at 09:32.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Yes you can.

edit - may be capped at 50GB if contract greater than this.
    Thanks, I have 160GB but seldom use 250MB :)
    Last edited by TheTigerUK; 9th December 2023 at 11:12.