closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex price increase - January 2024

Rolex price increase - January 2024

Looks like there's been a Rolex price increase. Eg OP41 was £5400, now listed at £5550 on their website.

Master
    Yes, you can now not buy a steel Submariner Date for £9,000 instead of not buying one for £8,650 !

Suppose they have to do something to make their CPO watches look a little less stupidly priced :-)

Master
    Maybe one too far, but we shall see.
    £9k for a sub is nuts, can still remember it being around 2/3 that not very long ago at all.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    Yes, you can now not buy a steel Submariner Date for £9,000 instead of not buying one for £8,650 !

Suppose they have to do something to make their CPO watches look a little less stupidly priced :-)
    Or maybe you can now buy and CPO will be adjusted accordingly!

After all its just a charity!!
    RIAC

The Airking is £6500 from £6250 so 4% dead

Sent from my SM-A245F using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    Looks like Tudor prices increased as well. Tudor BB54 was £3260 yesterday, today £3360.

Master
    Blog Entries
    This must be some kind of record hangovers havent been recovered from,the year has hardly started yet we have another thread on Rolex prices.

Which you cant buy new anyway,so whats the point?

There wont be one for other watches,any of which I would buy before a Rolex.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikelancs View Post
    Looks like Tudor prices increased as well. Tudor BB54 was £3260 yesterday, today £3360.
    I noticed that as well. Seems to be £100 across the range

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Mikelancs View Post
    It’s a lovely thing, but it’s not that long since a sub was that sort of price…

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by McBeardy View Post
    I noticed that as well. Seems to be £100 across the range.
    Might have been £200 on the carbon composite Red Bull FXDs - I swear the three-hand was £31xx the other week and it’s now £33xx.

Quote Originally Posted by bokbok View Post
    The Airking is £6500 from £6250 so 4% dead

Time to withdraw the Morrisons logo Air King and re-list it later on for £6,750!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf_ie View Post
    Might have been £200 on the carbon composite Red Bull FXDs - I swear the three-hand was £31xx the other week and it’s now £33xx.
    Yep. Was £3070 when I got one. Then went to £3130 now £3310.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Tudor are going/have gone up 4% I was offered any I wanted at the old price today,prices are probaly changed tommorow for good.

Just browsing so didnt buy any.

Sold it today to mate took a lovely ladies tag and money. No one wanted it on tz only had not much interest. So putting price up won't help. This will be probably same on other watches eBay etc.... could not sell pre price increase so why it flyout after lol

And watchfinder kindly offered £5500 a week ago. So for all the tz folk shoutouts for watchfinder everyoffer I get is low ball
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Time to withdraw the Morrisons logo Air King and re-list it later on for £6,750!
    Last edited by bokbok; 1st January 2024 at 18:50.

Greed Is Good

And they've got to fund that 9 million restrictive trading practices fine of course...

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Greed Is Good

And they've got to fund that 9 million restrictive trading practices fine of course...
    EUR91m…

I was in Norwich earlier this week, and passing by both Tudor AD’s I was shocked to see a comprehensive stock of models including all the new Pelagos and the white and black versions of the chronograph. Literally every supposedly rare model was in the windows of both, although I didn’t look too closely as I’m really not spending that kind of £££ on watches any more. I didn’t even look to see what/if they had any Rolex models for sale tbh. I was taking my 18 month old BB58 in for a service and mentioned this to the sales lady who shrugged and said ‘it’s the economic downturn I guess, and the fact that things haven’t really picked up the way we all expected after the pandemic’ - she also quoted 4-6 weeks for the service which would be prioritised as it’s relatively new and shouldn’t be needing attention so early. Perhaps higher supply has now caught up with lower demand? - can’t see how a price rise will help. At least you can now buy the watch you want straight out of the window like the olden days!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    I was in Norwich earlier this week, and passing by both Tudor AD’s I was shocked to see a comprehensive stock of models including all the new Pelagos and the white and black versions of the chronograph. Literally every supposedly rare model was in the windows of both, although I didn’t look too closely as I’m really not spending that kind of £££ on watches any more. I didn’t even look to see what/if they had any Rolex models for sale tbh. I was taking my 18 month old BB58 in for a service and mentioned this to the sales lady who shrugged and said ‘it’s the economic downturn I guess, and the fact that things haven’t really picked up the way we all expected after the pandemic’ - she also quoted 4-6 weeks for the service which would be prioritised as it’s relatively new and shouldn’t be needing attention so early. Perhaps higher supply has now caught up with lower demand? - can’t see how a price rise will help. At least you can now buy the watch you want straight out of the window like the olden days!
    Even the staff couldnt work out what Tudor was what model today,there was a big choice.

So many variations it was bewildering.

The new Black Bay though is just so much nicer than the original with the way it sits and feels.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    Looks like there's been a Rolex price increase. Eg OP41 was £5400, now listed at £5550 on their website.
    Given the rate of inflation over the last year, that’s more or less a price reduction. It just about keeps brand story of ever increasing prices going, but in the most minimal way they could manage. And a good thing too!

Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    Given the rate of inflation over the last year, that’s more or less a price reduction. It just about keeps brand story of ever increasing prices going, but in the most minimal way they could manage. And a good thing too!
    Looks like about 4% across the board. Poor old Canada was about 8-10% so it could be worse.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Looks like about 4% across the board. Poor old Canada was about 8-10% so it could be worse.
    Sounds less on the Oyster Perpetual if the previous post is correct though - £5500 to £5600 is less than 2%. I assume it’s more on others then?

Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    Sounds less on the Oyster Perpetual if the previous post is correct though - £5500 to £5600 is less than 2%. I assume it’s more on others then?
    I haven’t checked them all, but I was reading a thread on TRF yesterday that suggested that 4% was the norm. As you say, not looking too bad given the rate of inflation over the past year.

Quote Originally Posted by JGJG View Post
    EUR91m…

Indeed! Though whether €9M or €91M, it's a drop in the ocean to a company banking a tax free ~€billion per annum!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    Even the staff couldnt work out what Tudor was what model today,there was a big choice.

So many variations it was bewildering.

The new Black Bay though is just so much nicer than the original with the way it sits and feels.
    Sorry, the staff couldn't work it out, or you?

Which AD?

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Sorry, the staff couldn't work it out, or you?

Which AD?
    Which planet?
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Grand Master
    Not been any Rolex deliveries to AD's since first week of December and dont restart till mid January.

Despite this and the christmas frenzy I chatted to one yesterday who revealed they had 2-3 bimetal sports put away that they havent been able to place yet despite 3-4 weeks of trying. Called all on list and now discreetly offering to customers.
    RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    Not been any Rolex deliveries to AD's since first week of December and dont restart till mid January.

Despite this and the christmas frenzy I chatted to one yesterday who revealed they had 2-3 bimetal sports put away that they havent been able to place yet despite 3-4 weeks of trying. Called all on list and now discreetly offering to customers.
    Bi metal´s or at least steel- goldy coloured gold is generally thought a bit gash isn´t it, kind´ve old mans rolex sort´ve thing...? From what you describe it seems they´re become less popular...
    Just another thought, but with the Gini coefficient continuing to head the wrong way, rise in watch thefts alongside the rise in poverty wouldn´t wearing a Rolex adorned with added gold, be a bit like wearing a larger sign saying relatively easy money here...Maybe that too helps explain the phenomenon you´ve heard of...Dunno.
    Last edited by Passenger; 3rd January 2024 at 11:19.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Just had another one today.

Master
    Steel Subs unchanged.
    Steel Daytona unchanged.
    Steel OP41 124300 unchanged.

Lady's bicolour DJ 28 diamond dial 279173 up from £10,950 to £11,250.
    Gent's bicolour DJ 36 diamond dial 126233 up from £12,950 to £13,300.
    Rose gold / olive dial 228235 up from £36,400 to £37,800.
    Bicolour Sub up from £13,750 to £14,200.
    Steel DJ 36 / white metal bezel 126234 / Oyster brac up £100 to £7,750.

It appears to be a revision for models containing precious metal.

Sky-Dweller appears to have gone up £200, but of course it has a white metal bezel.

H
    Last edited by Haywood_Milton; 1st June 2024 at 17:07.

Omega up 5% from next week also

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Omega up 5% from next week also
    That takes a hesalite Moonwatch to near as dammit £7000. Mental.

Master
    Sounds like discounting will have to come back soon!

Blog Entries
    Just simply yet another reason (in my opinion) to avoid all this nonsense, avoid certain brands in general, and buy pre worn.

Financially I am in a better state than I have been all my life... but I wouldn't play this game if you paid me.

It actually FEELS obnoxious and arrogant. Like their prices doubling and a half over the last few years isn't enough... they want more.
    Oh... and you can BEG for the pleasure of getting one.
    Mmmm... how does get lost sound?

I know, I know... sell for what you can get... but seriously, nothing would please me more than certain bubbles bursting massively with some of these watch companies.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Breitling went up in April Greg ;)
    Theyre all at it. But I do agree with you and much prefer the secondary market.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gregory View Post
    Just simply yet another reason (in my opinion) to avoid all this nonsense, avoid certain brands in general, and buy pre worn.

Financially I am in a better state than I have been all my life... but I wouldn't play this game if you paid me.

It actually FEELS obnoxious and arrogant. Like their prices doubling and a half over the last few years isn't enough... they want more.
    Oh... and you can BEG for the pleasure of getting one.
    Mmmm... how does get lost sound?

I know, I know... sell for what you can get... but seriously, nothing would please me more than certain bubbles bursting massively with some of these watch companies.
    I agree with all of the above.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Breitling went up in April Greg ;)
    Theyre all at it. But I do agree with you and much prefer the secondary market.
    LMAO. Fair one. :D

The thing is... when you are putting a percentage on a piece at £3.5k, it's still staying within the realms of purchaseable.

When your whacking it on a Sub at £8k that's made of Unobtainium, and you'll need carpet fitters knee pads for your 'get down and beg Rolex effort' .. then they can basically shove it.

And I loved a good Rolex. I really did. They were a good... no... GREAT product to have as part of this hobby. You paid more than other brands (obviously not going to mention the big-hitter brands out there), but at the prices they were at, they were the only brand really within my range that you knew you'd at least break even at, if you bought one. I haven't ever expected to make / break even on a watch, but it was literally the case that a Rolex would give you back what you paid for it.

I shudder to think how I would be feeling if I sourced one during the time when they hit their high on here used / SC. I paid £2.4k for my Sub, and sold about five years later for say £2.7.

It's all nonsense now.

Probably because everybody and their dog started to get into it. To love watches was pretty much FAIRLY niche... now it's spiralled and it's a bit tragic really.

Why don't Rolex go the whole hog and put 15 percent on them? I want to see their TRUE contempt for us. And have a place in the corner of Dealerships that is a prayer / beg room, with a matt in it. Where you can go there and BEG / PRAY that your five to seven year wait is going to be shortened any time soon. Or that if you are in your seventies that it arrives before you expire. When did it become a thing that you could put your name on a 'list' to buy a watch, and the chances are that you'll die before it's your turn to buy it. LMAO. Stop the world....

I actually thought I would see the process first hand. I messaged somewhere about a new Cosmograph, and availabily (LMAO).
    I got a lovely email back telling me that if need to know more about the Cosmograph, then to email her back for more info (not necessary). I got an online brochure to look at them in...

Then, she said should I need further assistance, go into a Dealership.

At the bottom, in bold italics, it stated: We are not taking any expression of interest on the following watches: Rolex Cosmograph.... etc... etc...

Stop the world again.

Journeyman
    These price increases are getting a little out of hand now!

Personally if a current model watch was available pre owned with a big discount from RRP I would be more likely to purchase from grey market

Quote Originally Posted by rico View Post
    That takes a hesalite Moonwatch to near as dammit £7000. Mental.
    Madness isn't it.

To be fair though I'd imagine most members on here are fairly savvy and get their Omegas either pre owned in the UK, or if they buy new they take advantage of the unique commercial situation Omega is in Japan and buy from a Japanese retailer on Chrono24 where even with import VAT the prices are a third or more cheaper than the UK.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Madness isn't it.

To be fair though I'd imagine most members on here are fairly savvy and get their Omegas either pre owned in the UK, or if they buy new they take advantage of the unique commercial situation Omega is in Japan and buy from a Japanese retailer on Chrono24 where even with import VAT the prices are a third or more cheaper than the UK.
    Why so much cheaper in Japan Ryan?

Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    Honestly I don't know but it seems that apart from the absolute latest hot models (eg white Speedy) the prices are vastly cheaper than what can be achieved in the UK for a BNIB watch.

Some examples below

Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    The UK (along with other countries that turned on the spending taps during Covid) raised interest rates rapidly to counter the subsequent inflationary pressure. Japan didn't have the same Covid impact, but also rose rates recently too, from negative rates to 0.0 to 0.1%.

A massive 5% or more lower than the UK (or US).

Which means that the Yen remains a very good currency to borrow in, while investing overseas. The famous "carry trade". Hence the Yen is sold, and has thus depreciated from around ¥130 to a pound pre-Covid, to around ¥200 to a pound today. Which is why in pounds, everything in Japan now looks very cheap.

Have fun ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Tokei View Post
    The UK (along with other countries that turned on the spending taps during Covid) raised interest rates rapidly to counter the subsequent inflationary pressure. Japan didn't have the same Covid impact, but also rose rates recently too, from negative rates to 0.0 to 0.1%.

Which means that the Yen remains a very good currency to borrow in, while investing overseas. The famous "carry trade". Hence the Yen is sold, and has thus depreciated from around ¥130 to a pound pre-Covid, to around ¥200 to a pound today. Which is why in pounds, everything in Japan now looks very cheap.

Have fun ;-)
    Perfect, thanks for the explanation.

An even better deal on the Speedy here

Rolex price increase - January 2024

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Tokei View Post

Have fun ;-)
    Great time for a holiday to Japan. My son has just returned and said with the weak currency, it is noticeably cheaper to eat/drink/sleep than London.