closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Firestick?

Hybrid View

Craftsman
    The obscene cost of football now is why more people are turning to fire sticks.
    You want to watch football in the UK you are looking at over a grand a year.

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick...zn-apple-prime

Even for that amount you don’t get to see every game your team plays. You support a big club just over half of their games are televised, you support one of the smaller teams only a quarter are televised.

https://www.football365.com/news/whi...sky-sports-tnt

And all the while the average wage of an EPL player is now £60k a week.

https://www.888sport.com/blog/footba...tballer-salary.

I really don’t know why The EPL are not setting up their own Netflix type screening app where every game is televised. You pay £10 a month, you get to watch every game your team plays at a fraction of the cost.just selling 50 million subscription a year would dwarf the tv deal they currently have.

Master
    Times are hard for lots of people, and whilst I can see why they’d turn to crime to put food on the table, I struggle when it comes to putting football or any other sport on the TV.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooks View Post
    Times are hard for lots of people, and whilst I can see why they’d turn to crime to put food on the table, I struggle when it comes to putting football or any other sport on the TV.
    Exactly, football is hardly one of life’s necessities to survive. You may feel you miss out, or go and watch it in a pub & nurse a pint for the duration.

Luckily I don’t like the game, saw 2 matches at 2 different ends of the spectrum. Man Utd in a box on a corporate jolly & Colchester Utd in the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedyexplorer View Post
    I pay about £20 a month for TNT to watch Liverpool in Europe.

Then £12 for a Now day pass if I'm lucky enough to have time to watch a Liverpool Premier league game.

Probably costs me about £300 a year tops. Why would you need/want to watch any more games not featuring your team?

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick...zn-apple-prime

Even for that amount you don’t get to see every game your team plays. You support a big club just over half of their games are televised, you support one of the smaller teams only a quarter are televised.

https://www.football365.com/news/whi...sky-sports-tnt

And all the while the average wage of an EPL player is now £60k a week.

https://www.888sport.com/blog/footba...tballer-salary.

I really don’t know why The EPL are not setting up their own Netflix type screening app where every game is televised. You pay £10 a month, you get to watch every game your team plays at a fraction of the cost.just selling 50 million subscription a year would dwarf the tv deal they currently have.
    The stadiums would be practically empty, and gate receipts would be seriously damaged is one reason. Also, the Premiership is but a small part of the football structure in the UK, and not every football fan wants to watch a bunch of overpaid premadona's rolling about in feigned agony.

And I wonder how many supposed PL Team supporters ever go to a match to properly support the team they claim to? I regularly see Liverpool, Man City and United shirts being worn around town when we are miles and miles away from any of those places. Just like Rolex, the PL is all about hype and marketing with a view to making lots of money with as little effort as possible!
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Griswold View Post
    Also, the Premiership is but a small part of the football structure in the UK, and not every football fan wants to watch a bunch of overpaid premadona's rolling about in feigned agony.
    My point exactly, I support a Scottish team, I go to home games but to see away games I would have to pay for sky, tnt and viaplay, and 90% of that subscription fee goes to the EPL, I have no dog in that race so to speak, couldn’t care less who wins it.

My point exactly, I support a Scottish team, I go to home games but to see away games I would have to pay for sky, tnt and viaplay, and 90% of that subscription fee goes to the EPL, I have no dog in that race so to speak, couldn’t care less who wins it.
    I support a struggling 4th tear club down here and am a season ticket holder so go to all home games. Also try to get to away games if there's not too much travelling involved. We're lucky that for Tuesday evening matches when we are away the EFL offer a streaming product called iFollow for £10 per game with part of that going to the club.

The gap in funding between the EPL and the EFL clubs is ridiculous, I can only hope that with the appointment of a new Independent Football Regulator this can be ironed out.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/m...20due%20course
    Best Regards - Peter

Master
    The stadiums would be practically empty, and gate receipts would be seriously damaged is one reason. Also, the Premiership is but a small part of the football structure in the UK, and not every football fan wants to watch a bunch of overpaid premadona's rolling about in feigned agony.

And I wonder how many supposed PL Team supporters ever go to a match to properly support the team they claim to? I regularly see Liverpool, Man City and United shirts being worn around town when we are miles and miles away from any of those places. Just like Rolex, the PL is all about hype and marketing with a view to making lots of money with as little effort as possible!
    Stadiums wouldn’t be empty at all. That’s complete nonsense, people can already watch every game of professional football on the planet from the comfort of their own home for 70 quid a year.

People go the game because the want to go the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Stadiums wouldn’t be empty at all. That’s complete nonsense, people can already watch every game of professional football on the planet from the comfort of their own home for 70 quid a year.

People go the game because the want to go the game.

I find it somewhat hard to believe that the majority of football fans have and are using these illegal services. However, you seem to have missed the point that I was referring to the suggestion that the PL should offer streaming services to all fans for all games for £10/month. The question put was 'why not?' and I gave one particular 'why not'.

The EFL already operate a streaming service, iFollow, for Tuesday evening and certain cup games and it has certainly affected attendances, particularly of away fans, (though home attendance has been affected too), at those matches; though this is offset to some degree by the EFL paying a portion of the match fee to the clubs involved.
    Best Regards - Peter

Master

Firestick?

I find it somewhat hard to believe that the majority of football fans have and are using these illegal services. However, you seem to have missed the point that I was referring to the suggestion that the PL should offer streaming services to all fans for all games for £10/month. The question put was 'why not?' and I gave one particular 'why not'.

The EFL already operate a streaming service, iFollow, for Tuesday evening and certain cup games and it has certainly affected attendances, particularly of away fans, (though home attendance has been affected too), at those matches; though this is offset to some degree by the EFL paying a portion of the match fee to the clubs involved.
    You genuinely have no idea if you believe the majority of football fans don’t access games via illegal streams.

The Atheltic ran an article last year and in the first 6 months of the year 8 million people accessed sport via illegal streams in the UK.

Last edited by Ivan Drago; 12th March 2024 at 23:04.