closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bremont - what have they done?

Hybrid View

On the face of it supportive but keen to make the point they are not behind the designs!

Sent from my LE2113 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TH14TH14 View Post
    On the face of it supportive but keen to make the point they are not behind the designs!

Sent from my LE2113 using Tapatalk
    Plus the fact that this is posted Saturday afternoon when the show and launch happened at the very start of the week.
    Too little and too late to be anything other than damning with faint praise.
    Foxy has also posted to ask people to handle the new watches before they make their minds up.
    This is clearly firefighting in the face of adverse reaction to the range

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    This is clearly firefighting in the face of adverse reaction to the range
    I have been reflecting on what most consider a worrying change of direction.

B&R could be considered on of Bremonts peers, around a bit longer, similar aviation / military / adventure focus, and one of the weaker luxury watch brands. They have a very strong sense of self, and their watches, the square ones in particular are uncompromising. That isn’t an approach for the masses, but it gives them a niche, and they seem pretty stable in it. Being yourself isn’t always popular, but that authenticity makes good business sense. Generic me-too will end in tears.

I hope it doesn’t, I’ve always liked the company.

D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    Foxy has also posted to ask people to handle the new watches before they make their minds up.
    I can think of some things that get more interesting when you handle them, but they wouldn’t include watches.

Blog Entries
    You can argue all you want, but buying those new models for RRP is utter madness.

I'd rather put my money towards a Zelos to name but a micro brand, it's utter madness what they charge for a blown up non-story and a generic watch.
    Last edited by Daddelvirks; 15th April 2024 at 09:53.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Master
    Never been on my radar, and now even less so, look to be heading to the CW market segment!

Quote Originally Posted by cbh View Post
    Never been on my radar, and now even less so, look to be heading to the CW market segment!
    They'll be having bigger discount sales than CW ever did, I wouldn't want one of the new Bremonts at 90% off.

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. Nico, YouTube's biggest watch guy has thrown his hat in, asking Bremont to revert to the old branding.

Sometimes brands listen and do a u-turn.
    Last edited by chrisparker; 15th April 2024 at 09:57.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    They'll be having bigger discount sales than CW ever did, I wouldn't want one of the new Bremonts at 90% off.

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. Nico, YouTube's biggest watch guy has thrown his hat in, asking Bremont to revert to the old branding.

Sometimes brands listen and do a u-turn.
    I highly doubt they are going to listen to an obnoxious opinionated goof whose credentials are being a Youtube gobshite and mid tier watch reseller.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cbh View Post
    I can see CW moving up to occupy the spot left by Bremont as while Bremont has gone kickstarter CW have put out the likes of the bel canto and C1 moonphase which are decent.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    I can see CW moving up to occupy the spot left by Bremont as while Bremont has gone kickstarter CW have put out the likes of the bel canto and C1 moonphase which are decent.
    Spot-on yes, I was thinking this - i.e. that given the way it's sought to position itself lately, CW must be delighted with Bremont's self-immolation.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    I certainly prefer some of what CW are doing to the new Bremont designs. Generally a lot cheaper as well.

Clearly there are people who want a "British" watch at the Bremont kind of price point. There would seem to be an opportunity for CW and maybe Farer to step up...