closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: What happened to eBay?

Hybrid View

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev-O View Post
    The thing I miss most of all is that the payout used to go to my paypal account (which my wife doesn't have access to) and now it goes into my bank (which she does). So my secret trading / slush fund has gone. How G&D is that?! :-)
    This...... I sell some stuff...... maybe accumulate a couple of hundred and can then buy stuff without much scrutiny apart from a glare when the parcel arrives....... whomever made this change is obviously not a married man.......

Quote Originally Posted by tintin View Post
    This...... I sell some stuff...... maybe accumulate a couple of hundred and can then buy stuff without much scrutiny apart from a glare when the parcel arrives....... whomever made this change is obviously not a married man.......
    I suspect a wife was behind this. Last time I sold a watch (£3k I think) I had to tell the Mrs I was selling on behalf of someone else at 10% commission. So £300 stayed in the bank and £2700 went to PayPal "to send to my friend who owned the watch". She was pretty chuffed at getting an unexpected couple of hundred quid but I don't like lying to her -- and it cost me money! I can't take a 10% hit on every watch I flip, I aim to break even or slightly better but I'm not a dealer with large margins. Any profit I did make was usually soaked up by bad deals, straps / bracelets, servicing etc so it's not like I was steadily accumulating a secret and ever-increasing wealth fund. With a pool of money in paypal to play with I can trade up or down, try things out, grab a bargain, liquidate assets etc -- and all without touching the household budget. Not any more. SC for me from now on. And no BACS please!