closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Premier League 2023-24

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by j17ykp View Post
    Pep isn’t the greatest ever in my book

He’s like the guy who puts better tyres on an already fast car and not the guy who builds the car from the ground up.
    Yep, has taken over three world class squads and can pick a team from that. My 88 year old mum could do that. It’s a bit like Zidane at RM, Christ even Big Sam would win the CL managing RM.

Look at Ancelotti at Everton, a top level manager who was soon found wanting. He got us a win at Anfield which I thank him for, but not much else and buggered off back to RM as soon as he could and won the CL the same season. Was he a top manager or just able to select a team from a world class squad. The latter I’m guessing.

Alex Ferguson and Brian Clough are a million miles ahead of these modern GOATs. To be fair to Klopp, Liverpool weren’t much when he took over and he is one of the better modern managers at bringing the kids along.

'Man Utd in better place than last year' - Ten Hag.

An interesting perspective on the state of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Yep, has taken over three world class squads and can pick a team from that. My 88 year old mum could do that. It’s a bit like Zidane at RM, Christ even Big Sam would win the CL managing RM.

Look at Ancelotti at Everton, a top level manager who was soon found wanting. He got us a win at Anfield which I thank him for, but not much else and buggered off back to RM as soon as he could and won the CL the same season. Was he a top manager or just able to select a team from a world class squad. The latter I’m guessing.

Alex Ferguson and Brian Clough are a million miles ahead of these modern GOATs. To be fair to Klopp, Liverpool weren’t much when he took over and he is one of the better modern managers at bringing the kids along.
    I believe that when it gets tough for him in terms of another oil money club outspending him or city stop keep giving bucket loads of cash to plug gaps every six months he’ll bugger off

He’s not got the melons to tough it out for example he would touch that United job with a barge pole.

Quote Originally Posted by j17ykp View Post
    I believe that when it gets tough for him in terms of another oil money club outspending him or city stop keep giving bucket loads of cash to plug gaps every six months he’ll bugger off

He’s not got the melons to tough it out for example he would touch that United job with a barge pole.
    Embarrassing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Embarrassing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    The second he sticks around with a club and not leg it when he doesn’t get the players he wants ala Bayern I’ll change my mind.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Absolutely nailed on handball. Just hope Arse don’t win the title on that goal

Hats off to City. Congrats.

That’s that for this year - cracking season for the most part.

On to the Euros where we can all get behind England only to realise Southgate is the manager!! 😂

Yessss. 4 in a row. Hope you enjoyed your graveyard Richard Masters, you rag, scouse and cockney puppet.