closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Paying firms with cash

Craftsman
    I am not looking to light a fire here, but as the son of a builder and knowing how hard my Dad struggled over the years. It would seem that many of you live in a bubble.
    A proportion of the posts come across a bit arrogant if I am honest.

Master
    Blog Entries
    This is it. Back in the day on the council estate we were always working for cash in hand. Someone said not paying tax effects the ones that need it most. A lot of the people that needed it were getting off their back sides and doing cash in hand.

Bloke I worked for the other day said his sister claims everything she can. Gets £2900 pm for doing nothing and playing the system.

Tax well spent.

if you pay tradesman cash, how are MPs going to steal it and pay it to themselves like PPEmedpro.

Quote Originally Posted by sprite1275 View Post
    Bloke I worked for the other day said his sister claims everything she can. Gets £2900 pm for doing nothing and playing the system.
    Benefits cap is £1835 pcm for a couple, or single parent with children. It is a much lower £1229 for a single adult.

A bit more if you live in London.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    I've a good painter too but it's not rocket science.
    There's a saying in the trades I believe
    "if you can piss you can paint"
    Mrs T-7 can piss....& I guess she can paint......but VERY, VERY badly. I almost let her paint the inside of some fitted wardrobes once. She cuts corners, anything to make the job easier, does no preparation, doesn't know the meaning of cutting in, always does half the job, no manual dexterity, no attention to detail, a total danger with a paintbrush. As a dentist myself, I always think that she'd make the world's worst dentist.....& I'd make the world's worst Human Resources Director. We all have our strengths & weaknesses.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Benefits cap is £1835 pcm for a couple, or single parent with children. It is a much lower £1229 for a single adult.

What drives you to Google so many things just to post something?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by trident-7 View Post
    Mrs T-7 can piss....& I guess she can paint......but VERY, VERY badly. I almost let her paint the inside of some fitted wardrobes once. She cuts corners, anything to make the job easier, does no preparation, doesn't know the meaning of cutting in, always does half the job, no manual dexterity, no attention to detail, a total danger with a paintbrush. As a dentist myself, I always think that she'd make the world's worst dentist.....& I'd make the world's worst Human Resources Director. We all have our strengths & weaknesses.
    Haha my wife is similar, avoids the edges as too tricky & even the easy bits are butchered. Love the idea of her with a dental drill in a small space and soft flesh abundant! Not sure which decade she last painted in.

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    What drives you to Google so many things just to post something?

To cut through the bullshit and urban myth.

If I had a pound for every time I heard/read that so and so is claiming ££££s in benefits every month, I'd be able to retire and stop claiming ££££s in benefits.

Master
    Blog Entries

Is that including claiming for disabilities? She has kids. Also when did that cap come in? If you were claiming before that I'm sure you kept whatever you were claiming?

Quote Originally Posted by sprite1275 View Post
    Is that including claiming for disabilities? She has kids. Also when did that cap come in? If you were claiming before that I'm sure you kept whatever you were claiming?
    https://www.gov.uk/benefit-cap

https://www.gov.uk/benefit-cap/benefit-cap-amounts

Certainly no life of luxury

Sems like you are a little uneasy about tax money supporting a family with someone who has a disability.

I hope you don't have the misfortune to place demand on it.
    Last edited by noTAGlove; 26th April 2024 at 21:07.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Haha my wife is similar, avoids the edges as too tricky & even the easy bits are butchered. Love the idea of her with a dental drill in a small space and soft flesh abundant! Not sure which decade she last painted in.

As a teacher of final year dental students....& my fairly recent experiences at the enamel face with one of them...that really resonates with me. But don't worry lads & lasses :-/

Master
    As a teacher of final year dental students....& my fairly recent experiences at the enamel face with one of them...that really resonates with me. But don't worry lads & lasses :-/
    Practice makes perfect
    For dentistry and painting
    Neither are rocket science tbh.

Master

Sems like you are a little uneasy about tax money supporting a family with someone who has a disability.

For doing Sweet FA there are likely people working on less.

Scouser to Surrey, luck of the housing market, please don’t move to BOA on retirement.

Master
    Blog Entries

Tbf there are a small amount of people (% wise) who will never work because their benefits are almost ‘double’ the wages they could ever hope to earn.

Master
    Enamel face tickled me there!

I’m half convinced my hygienist has only just been given the equipment for the first time that morning. Rolling staff it feels like, and my gums feel it for sure.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    Tbf there are a small amount of people (% wise) who will never work because their benefits are almost ‘double’ the wages they could ever hope to earn.
    His brother likely.

And Tbf there are a small amount of very rich people (% wise) who continue to scam, dodge, and undertake shady deals for greed.

The margins are never an acceptable place to measure the cohort by.

Master
    Blog Entries
    And Tbf there are a small amount of very rich people (% wise) who continue to scam, dodge, and undertake shady deals for greed.

The margins are never an acceptable place to measure the cohort by.
    By Christ, without a doubt, the rich scam waaaay more than the plebs

Master
    Blog Entries

Nope. Benefits are awesome for people that need it.

By Christ, without a doubt, the rich scam waaaay more than the plebs
    Plebs do the rich a favour by screwing over their fellow plebs.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Enamel face tickled me there!

I’m half convinced my hygienist has only just been given the equipment for the first time that morning. Rolling staff it feels like, and my gums feel it for sure.

Pick a dental professional.....or anybody else in any walk of like for that matter....who looks like they're more than 12 years of age...

A family member has a kid via a one night stand with a woman on benefits. She’s not in a Range Rover but she has 5 kids from 5 dads and hasn’t worked a day in her life.

Complete coincidence that by the time one is starting primary she’s pregnant again. She’ll never work a day in her life and we’ll all continue pay for it.

Lovely person but get a job ffs.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    A family member has a kid via a one night stand with a woman on benefits. She’s not in a Range Rover but she has 5 kids from 5 dads and hasn’t worked a day in her life.

Complete coincidence that by the time one is starting primary she’s pregnant again. She’ll never work a day in her life and we’ll all continue pay for it.

First one can be a mistake fair enough
    After that well.
    Not the BP so ill leave it at that

She’ll never work a day in her life and we’ll all continue pay for it.
    Puts the £8 billion PPE waste, £3.5 billion wrongly paid out under the furlough scheme and £2 billion fraudulent covid claims in perspective.

Just make sure plebs are pitted against plebs.

That’s probably enough as it is not the BP.

First one can be a mistake fair enough
    After that well.
    Not the BP so ill leave it at that
    Sam guy got a Brazilian illegal immigrant pregnant about 7 years later. Played like a fiddle. No DNA test on either of them, absolute classic.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Practice makes perfect
    For dentistry and painting
    Neither are rocket science tbh.
    You know what?...that's one of my favourite phrases that I give on my feedback comments.

Problem is.....the emphasis now is on covering your back, risk assessing, warning patients that they might cock it up, heading off medico-legal problems at the pass.

If you do all that you spend a lot less time carrying out the practical clinical aspects of dentistry.

You can tick all the boxes to cover your back...or do a load of dentistry & gain lots of practical experience...but you can't do both.

It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Hey, we might cock it up but at least we warned you that we might cock it up

This is the reality...when I qualified 40 years ago I left dental school having done about 150 fillings (one of my colleagues thought about 200). We were half decent dentists when we left dental school. Now they have to have done a minimum of 12 fillings. That's eff all....& after 5 years of study!

The downside is that we never did a risk assessment. Didn't have any 'tick boxing' to complete. Didn't get the patient to decide the best option. "you're the bloody dentist FFS' Many a time I'm crossing my fingers hoping that the clueless patient makes the correct choice....I wouldn't dare to override my landscape gardener....he's the damned expert in his field....albeit in a miniature scale to my own...but even so...

We wrote 3 lines max in the notes....we wrote the important stuff...not a load of 'stating the bleeding obvious' crap.

Things have got to change....
    Last edited by trident-7; 26th April 2024 at 22:27.

I wouldn't dare to override my landscape gardener....he's the damned expert in his field....albeit in a miniature scale to my own...but even so...
    You should have seen my face at the GP a few months back when she asked if I had a specific treatment in mind.

My answer was yes, whatever’s the most effective.

Master
    Blog Entries
    You should have seen my face at the GP a few months back when she asked if I had a specific treatment in mind.

Exactly....It doesn't fill you with a great deal of confidence does it?

Exactly....It doesn't fill you with a great deal of confidence does it?
    Spot on. I drove home wondering if she was stupid, or I came across as a Karen, or if it was just some new NHS nonsense she was being made to do. Probably all three.

Don't need to be a GP to tell your family member to get a vasectomy or a pack of jonnies!

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Damn almost a Range Rover 4 by 4 gag...more spinal tap, 5 by 5, one louder....

I imagine looking after 5 kids keeps her quite busy. The feckless fathers should be paying to be honest.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by xxnick1975 View Post

I imagine looking after 5 kids keeps her quite busy. The feckless fathers should be paying to be honest.

That would really be a win-win, Any money received from absent fathers doesn’t affect their benefits anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by xxnick1975 View Post

No idea what the other dads do but he pays

I would say >80% of the working population have it harder with a lot more stress in their lives, even without kids. She’ll never be behind on the rent.

Easy to label feckless father and could well be true for all five but what does that make her?

No idea what the other dads do but he pays

I would say >80% of the working population have it harder with a lot more stress in their lives, even without kids. She’ll never be behind on the rent.

Easy to label feckless father and could well be true for all five but what does that make her?
    It takes 2 to tango and what does it say about the blokes, you're family member included, that they still want to have a go on her despite her obvious history, and they still don't take the precaution of a johnny...if she's a bonobo they're no better.

I think until they have kids most folks don't really understand stress.
    Last edited by Passenger; 27th April 2024 at 09:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    It takes 2 to tango and what does it say about the blokes, you're family member included, that they still want to have a go on her despite her obvious history, and they still don't take the precaution of a johnny...if she's a bonobo they're no better.

I think until they have kids most folks don't really understand stress.
    Couldn’t agree more on the last point

Takes two to tango and both have proven themselves to be low quality people.

Could understand if there was a failed marriage or two but no, just pure Jeremy Kyle on both ends

You've touched upon the growing need to act as your own advocate when interacting with the NHS...if it seems kinda strange, jarring to you* , imagine being in your 80's and caring for a loved one, their mindset is one of absolute trust that the state in the person of the Dr's, nurses will always know- do what is best, will always provide good care efficiently...bloody distressing when they discover the ´´system´´ is far removed from this.

*I touched upon this phenomenon when discussing our situation with miscarriage, the wife´s GP´s only advice ´´keep trying´´ and then ´´Well you do your own research, tell me what you need- want´´...but, but you are supposed to be the highly trained medical person, you got all the notes, tasked- responsible with providing oversight, no?
    Last edited by Passenger; 27th April 2024 at 11:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    You've touched upon the growing need to act as your own advocate when interacting with the NHS...if it seems kinda strange, jarring to you* , imagine being in your 80's and caring for a loved one, their mindset is one of absolute trust that the state in the person of the Dr's, nurses will always know- do what is best, will always provide good care efficiently...bloody distressing when they discover the ´´system´´ is far removed from this.

*I touched upon this phenomenon when discussing our situation with miscarriage, the wife´s GP´s only advice ´´keep trying´´ and then ´´Well you do your own research, tell me what you need- want´´...but, but you are supposed to be the highly trained medical person, you got all the notes, tasked- responsible with providing oversight, no?
    Strange change indeed. I’m sure we all have our own theories.

Master

Ex school associate has this behaviour, all by different fathers from what I see on social media & the timeline is exactly as you suggest. They have a nice large house it appears to keep them all under a roof. Winds me right up.

Ex school associate has this behaviour, all by different fathers from what I see on social media & the timeline is exactly as you suggest. They have a nice large house it appears to keep them all under a roof. Winds me right up.

Winds me up too but that’s the system and they’re playing it.

If general thickos can play the system that well companies with serious professionals must be laughing.